CHAPTER XXVII

( twitter & real life ! )

PEN

@penelopegcaster

don't forget to catch me tonight on Jimmy Fallon!
570 Retweets  4.1k Likes

View all replies

"And now for our guest tonight, please welcome, one of the stars from the TV series Supernatural and from the upcoming Disney Channel movie Descendants 2, the lovely and talented Penelope Caster!" Jimmy announced before Penny walked out onto the s...

"And now for our guest tonight, please welcome, one of the stars from the TV series Supernatural and from the upcoming Disney Channel movie Descendants 2, the lovely and talented Penelope Caster!" Jimmy announced before Penny walked out onto the stage hugging Jimmy before taking a seat. "Thank you for coming!"
"Thank you for having me Jimmy, it's a pleasure!" Penny replied flashing a smile at the audience.
"So you've had quite the year this year!" Jimmy pointed out.
"I have, it's been just crazy." Penny replied happily.
"Your character, Elizabeth, just came back to Supernatural. You were on Hairspray Live!, and you are getting ready for the release of Descendants 2 on July 21st, how does it all feel?"
"Well you know I started acting on Supernatural when I was about 10 years old, and I was constantly working and in 2014 I started Liv and Maddie which meant my character on Supernatural had to be killed off which was really sad, but I'm glad I got the opportunity to play that dual role on Disney Channel and now I'm back on Supernatural and it's great." She explained.
"Speaking of Supernatural, your co-stars, Jensen and Jared, what were their reactions to you leaving the show?" Jimmy asked.
"The thing was that not many people new about it up until the table read for the episode of Supernatural where I would be killed off. I had spoken to Eric Kripke, the creator of the show, about me leaving the show soon but I had never told the cast that I was leaving up until that day."
"So how did that work out?"
Penny took a breath and explained, "We had been reading through the script and everybody was really surprised I was being killed off because my character was originally supposed to be the one doing the trials. So once we got to the scene it got really emotional, and the actual filming of that scene was even more emotional because it was going to be my last scene, at the time I didn't know if I would come back"
"Well aren't we glad you did!" Jimmy laughed, "I've been seeing this going around a lot, so Jared and Jensen have a nickname for you, bug, how did that come about?"
"That's actually a funny story, it was one of my first days on set for season 1, I'm 10 years old so if I'm tiny now I was way tinnier then, so it was early we were all tired I ended up asleep in the impala during one of the breaks and I was curled up in a blanket and the boys found me and thought it was hilarious because I was so small and bundled up that I looked like, these were Jensen's words, a bug in a rug." She finished of laughing.
"Well that's quite the story. Moving on to your new movie Descendants 2, how do you feel about the part you get to play?" Jimmy asked moving on with the interview.
"I'm so glad I get to play this character because this is the first time the original stories are being continued, there have been shows that use the stories but it's not, I guess you could say Disney approved, that those versions are what really happened. Descendants was written to tell what really happened after all of the happily ever after a that occurred and I'm glad they chose me to play one of them. I was actually almost not cast as a character because I have no dancing skills. I can do a simple move but this movie is full on choreography and musical numbers so that was quite the challenge."
"That is quite the story! Now this has been all over social media and magazines, you recently broke up with your now ex-fiancé, Daniel Parker, could you tell us what happened?" Jimmy asked in a softer tone.
Penny sat still for a moment, "uh-well we I guess you could say drifted apart, we both weren't in a rush to get married but we were both just constantly busy... we both still love each other very much but we felt it was better to go our separate ways."
"You both loved each other?"
She nodded,
"So why did you leave each other? Why did it end?"
"Because," she paused. "It wasn't good for us to keep going when we weren't giving it our all. I loved him, I still do love him. I think a part of me always will. But we both deserved something better. Us staying together would just hurt us more in the end."
"Thank you for that explanation and thank you for joining us. Everybody give it up for Penelope Caster and don't forget to catch her on Supernatural on Thursdays on the CW and remember to watch Descendants 2 on Disney Channel July 21st!"

PEN

@penelopegcaster

surprise! Descendants 2 is coming watch the trailer right now!

youtu.be/-iwE57nUG80

1.2k Retweets  5.3k Likes

View all replies

(crecientes©)