Chapter 8

Lumine screamed as he felt searing pain in his arm. Kody woke up and saw a man, with a knife in Lumine's arm. "WHAT'RE YOU DOING!!! GET AWAY FROM ME AND MY BOYFRIEND!!" Kody punched the man, only to get stabbed in the stomach.

The man grabbed Lumine's injured arm, lifted him up and stabbed him repeatedly in the stomach. Kody screamed for Lailah, Aiden and Sherry. The man glared at Kody and lifted his shirt, dropping Lumine.

Kody was thrown against the floor and his arm was stepped on. Lumine slowly rose to his feet. He silently walked out to the man and his the back of his neck. "DAMMIT LUMINE!! MY OWN SON BETRAYED ME!!"

Kody stood up and grabbed Lumine's hand both boys limped to the door of the room. They didn't make it out when they heard a gunshot, and Lumine fell unconscious. Kody stared at Lumine and sunk to the floor. "L-lumine??"

Kody shook Lumine, while saying his name. Tears poured into Lumine's body. "YOU BASTARD!!!" Kody stood up and tackled the man to the floor. "YOU KILLED HIM!!! YOU KILLED HIM!!!! IHATEYOUIHATEYOUIHATEYOU!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" Kody punched the man in the face repeatedly.

Aiden awoke to Lailah shaking him and Sherry awake. "Mmhmm? What is it?" Before Lailah could answer, Kody's scream could be heard. Aiden jumped out of bed and ran to Kody's room. Aiden kicked the door down. He saw Kody, being chocked by a man, and Lumine on the floor, not moving.

Aiden started to chuckle and walked towards the man. "D-dad... It's Lumine's father..." Lailah stopped dead in her tracks before walking in the room. "Paramedics and the police have been called." The man dropped Kody and looked at Lailah. "Hello, honey. How are you doing in his fine evening?"

Police suddenly came into the room. Three of the officers arrested Lumine's father and took Lumine and Kody away on a stretcher. Aiden, Sherry and Lailha quickly got dressed and left a note for everyone and let for the hospital.

Kody sat on a bed, watching Lumine. He saw Aiden, Lailah and Sherry come in. Lumine managed to live after the stab wounds and he and Kody were bandaged up.

Kody was worried about Lumine sine he hadn't woken up for three days. Aiden stayed by their side. Lumine had a heart monitor; Each day a nurse came in on Lumine to see if he was okay. Lailah had put a restraining order against her ex-husband and Kody was out of the hospital.

One day, the worst happened... Eveyeyone went to see how Lumine was doin but when they got to his room, Lumine's heart monitor...Was just a straight line... Kody's eyes widened and at that moment, Aiden, Lailah and Sherry walked in. Kody started to cry. "D-dad!! Lumine's heart monitor!!!" It didn't take a genius for everyone one to figure out what Kody was talking about.

Lailah called for someone. Aiden and Sherry comforted Kody as nurses worked on Lumine. They waited outside the room. A nurse walked out. "I need to talk your guardians..." The nurse motioned for the three to come into the room. Kody sat there, hoping Lumine would live.

Aiden heard the news and walked out of the room, having to break t he news to Kody. "Kody..." Kody jumped up. "Did Lumine live!?! Did he?" Aiden had a pained expression on his face. "Kody, Lumine passed away. He loved you dearly..." Finally, Aiden broke down and cried.

Kody was in disbelief. "No...This has to be a joke...Right!!" Sherry came out crying, Lailah too. "No...No...No!!! This has to be a nightmare!!!" Kody was cying as he ran into he room. He saw Lumine's lifeless body and sobbed, hard. "LUMINE!!! I'M S-SORRY I COULDN'T *sniffle* PROTECT YOU!!" Kody cried. Aiden came in and put a hand on his shoulder. "Kody, Lumine told me that if he died, he wanted you to carry on for the both of you! To be happy. His words weren't false!!" Kody hugged his father. He saw Lumine's necklace and touched it. "Lumine...I will always love you...Forever and ever...No matter what...I'll carry on for the both of us..."

The ride home was silent, aside from the occasional wimpers from Kody. They immediately went to their rooms when they got home. Kody just hugged Lumine's pillow and cried himself to sleep that night... Hoping for a miracle of some sort...

I CRIED WHILE WRITING THIS!!!! WWAAAAAAAAH!! BYYYYEEE!!!!