Unexpected Owner

The next day, I had to wake up early for my morning shift at the diner. I slid on my white button up shirt and black pants and tied a white frilly apron around my waist.

I rode to the diner on my bike. The Diner wasn't crowded, but not dead either. I quickly headed to check in and grabbed my pen and paper.

After what seemed like endless hours of waiting tables and obnoxious, selfish customers, my shift was finally over. I hopped on my bike and as I was about to start the engine, I noticed a flyer on a lamp post nearby.

LOST DOG

Name: East

Breed: American Bulldog

Last seen: July 9

If found, please call *******

There was a picture of East at the bottom of the flyer.

Oh God, I have to give up East. What if the owner hates me for keeping his dog for the last few days? East and I have grown pretty close. What if I just don't return him? No, I have to. I write down the number and head home.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Hello?" The voice on the phone said.

"Hey, are you the one that lost your dog, East?"

"Yes, why?"

"He seems to have found me. He's been at my house for the last few days and I've been taking care of him. You can stop by anytime and pick him up, or we can meet some place." I told him.

"That's great! Thank you so much! You have no idea how worried I've been. Can I meet you by the fountain in the park in an hour?"

"Sounds great, see you there." I hang up the phone and take a quick shower. I can't meet the owner of the dog in sweaty work clothes that smell like grease.

I dress into some skinny jeans and converse while throwing on an flowy white top. I leave my brown hair in its natural wavy state and apply light make up; mascara and eyeliner to accent my brown eyes and a little concealer. I grab East's leash and my purse and head out the door.

I walk up to the fountain with 15 minutes to spare. I crouch on the ground and start saying my goodbyes to East. Tears starting to fill my eyes as I pet his head and neck.

"Excuse me?"

I jump up to see a familiar looking man. He has short brown hair and blue eyes.

"I'm Chris, I believe you have my dog?" He said.

"Oh, yeah, sorry, I was just saying bye. Here you go." I say handing him the leash.

"Thank you so much! How did you find him?" Chris asked while ebnding down to pet his dog.

"Well, he kinda found me. I was sitting in the park and he tackled me. I took him to my apartment and took care of him for a few days until I found your flyer." I said.

"Sorry about that, he can be ornery at times." He said, chuckling.

"It's fine, really. He's such a sweet dog." I said.

"Yeah. Hey, to thank you for finding my dog, would you want to go out for coffe some time?"

"Uh, sure. When is good for you?" I ask.

"How's Friday at noon?" He asked.

"Friday it is! See you then." I say and turn around to walk back home.

He seems familiar. Where have I seen him before? At the diner? No, At the store maybe? No. Thats when it hit me

I'm going on a date with Chris Evans. Wait, it's not a date is it? Chris freaking Evans can't like me, and Trisha Poland can't like Chris Evans. It's just coffee.

Right, just coffee, nothing more.