Audition

Today was the big day. The audition. I got a few lines from the script that they want me to read for the audition. Apparently, in this movie, Steve 'dies' in a plane crash and wakes up 70 years later. I have to act out Peggy's reaction for the audition.

Steve was driving me there since he wanted to come with me, and we both can't fit on my bike.

"You nervous?" He asked, grabbing my hand.

"Yeah." I replied.

"I'm sure you'll do fine. You'll get the part."

"But what if I don't? What if I mess up and they hate me?" I asked, starting to panic.

"Well, then I'll put in a word with the director, if you know what I mean." he pounded his fist.

"Sure you will Chris." I said sarcastically.

"Well, we're here. Come on."

I took off my seatbelt and followed him inside the large building. There were other girls there auditioning for the same part. As soon as we walked in, the girls started throwing themselves at Chris. I couldn't help but feel a little angry, all this women with Chris. But Chris surprised me, he pushed his way through the crowd and walked into another room instead of staying with his fans.

"Sorry about that. Being famous is a blessing and a curse." He said.

"Aw, poor you. So many girls knocking down your door and throwing themselves at you. Must be terrible." I laughed.

"It is, when you only want to be with one."

I felt heat rise to my cheeks and I looked down, hiding my red face from Chris.

"You don't have to hide, your cute when you blush." He told me, taking my face in his hands. He pecked me on the lips and lead me to the audition room.

"Here we are." he said, gesturing to a closed grey door.

"Okay, this should be fun." I muttered sarcastically.

"You'll be fine, I promise. Just breathe."

I took a deep breath and walked through the door.

"Hi, I'm Trisha Poland, 26 years old from London, England and I would like to play the part of Peggy Cartrer." I said politely.

"Hi, Trisha. Go ahead and start whenever your ready." Joe Johnston said.

I nodded thanks and began the scene. One of the casting managers said Steve's lines.

"Come in, this is Captain Rogers. Do you read me?"

"Steve! Is that you? Are you alright?" I said in my best desperate 40's girl voice.

"Peggy! Schmidt's dead!"

"And the plane?"

"That's a little tougher to explain."

"Uh, give me your co-ordinates, I'll find you a safe landing site."

"It's not gunna be a safe landing, but I can try and force it down."

"I'll get Howard on the line, he'll know what to do."

"There's not enough time, it's moving too fast and it's heading for New York. I gotta put her in the water"

"Please, don't do this, we have time. We can work this out."

"If I wait any longer a lot of people are gonna die. Peggy, this is my choice. Peggy,"

"Steve?"

"I'm gunna need a rain check on that dance."

"Alright. A week next Saturday, at the Stork Club."

"You got it."

"Eight o'clock on the dot, don't you dare be late. Understood?"

"You know, I still don't know how to dance."

"I'll show you how. Just be there," I said on the verge of fake tears.

"We'll have the band play something slow, I'd hate to step on you're-"

"Steve? Steve? Steve?" I said, letting the tears fall.

"And cut!" Joe said. "well, I think we found our Peggy Carter." He said.

"Are you serious?" I asked, wiping my eyes.

"Yes, you have amazing talent. Welcome to the cast, you got the part!" He said.

"Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you." I said, practically jumping up and down.

"Here's the script, and we'll call you when we set a date for filming." He said, handing me a large packet of paper.

"Thank you so much!" I said, leaving the room.

"How'd it go?" Chris asked.

"I got the part!" I yelled, showing him the script.

"That's great, Trish!" he said, picking me up and spinning me around once.

I giggled and said, "I know! Can this day get any better?"

"I think it can," he said, leaning down to kiss me. It was short but sweet.

"Thank you, Chris, for this opportunity. I love you, so much." I told him.

"I love you too."

A/N

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated, I've been at Band Camp all week:) Hope you like the new chapter. Yes I know the years are way off, captain America came out in 2011 and let her go and waiting for superman came out after that. I'm sorry, I like those song and wanted to incorporate them into the story:) anyway, enjoy!

Also, thanks to @justadreaminq ! For the new cover! She's my bestie! Haha, if you guys wanna send in covers feel free! I love getting them!