Honeymoon Part 2

Alex POV
My brother smiles at us and Eliza waved him over.
"Babe what are you doing?" I asked her.
"What I just want to say hi I barely got to see him at the wedding." She tells me as he arrives in front of us.
"Hey Alex and Eliza didn't know you were honeymooning here!" He smiled.
Eliza didn't know but James was lying through his crooked teeth. James always lied.
Flashback to when Alex was 10
"James don't throw that!" Alex yelled. He threw it and the vase broke.
"Boys what's going on?!" Their mother yelled.
"Alex threw the vase," James yelled.
"Alex come with me," his mother yelled as she grabbed his hand and dragged him into her room. She scolded him for an hour straight and when his father came home he scolded Alex too. His father left two days later. James always got away with everything and Alex hated it.
"Well it's nice to see you but we have reservations for dinner so we really should get going," Eliza told him.
"I should join you," he tells her.
"We didn't ask you to so no," she replied with a smile.
We walk into the restaurant and don't say a word until we sit down.
"You are amazing," I tell her.
"You think I didn't know he was lying?!" She asks me.
"How'd you know?" I ask.
"Please you can just tell when it's him and I've only known him for a couple days." She tells me.

We drop that topic and move to something more classy. She tells me about Phillip and how she's hoping her parents aren't too tough on him. She tells me Peggy is constantly canceling on her after just making plans, and then I make a huge mistake.

"What about Angelica?" I asked her.

"What about her?" She responded calmly.

"She said some stuff before the wedding I wasn't sure if you wanted to talk about it or not." I tell her trying to cover up my mistake.

"Angelica is just jealous that my parents actually like you. She also has always loved having the spotlight even when it's not her day. She didn't get to have a wedding so she expected me to give up mine for her." Eliza tells me.

"I shouldn't have mentioned her I apologize. I just wasn't sure if you were up to talking about it or not."

"There's nothing else to discuss,"

"Are you mad at her?"

"Well of course I'm mad at her she tried to ruin our wedding day! I'm letting it go until we get back and I can see her face to face so I expect you can do the same." She looks at me with her eyes narrow.

"Yeah I sure can," I respond.

We didn't speak again until our food came out and by that time we were stuffing our mouths because we are so hungry. When we got back to our rental home she changed went into the bathroom and after 5 minutes she told me to stay I the bedroom. When she came out, that bag from Victoria Secret was no longer full........