5 ✧ hard apple cider

attached is their makeup and dresses. zoom in for more detail.

"Serena!! Let's go!" I yell from the driveway. I'm ready to get this over with. I mean, I look amazing and all but I just hate parties.

She comes out finally. "Did you lock the door?" I ask, just getting a nod from her. We climb into my truck and Serena tells me where to go. It's a pretty long drive, a good 30 minutes. I hum along to the radio and tap my bare feet on the floorboard. What? I'm NOT driving in heels!

When we finally get there, there's several cars, lots of lights, and it's 10:12. I'm not mentally prepared for this.

"Don't leave me Serena, I don't know these people!" I whine, following her inside.

She scoffs, kissing my cheek. "They're fine! Just grab a drink and hang out."

Ugh. She always does this. She disappears and I'm left in a place I don't know with people I don't know.

Someone catcalls, which I barely hear over the music and talking, and I hear, "Damn mamí, what them hips do?" Someone touches my hips and I turn around fast. Who the hell do they think they are?

I lean in close and whisper seductively, "They don't do you." and walked away, but not before pushing him a little. Jerk.

I don't know why guys think they can do that. I'm not even dressed how everyone else is. My body is way more covered than some of these hoes. I swear I see that girl's whole pus-

"Here," some touches my arm with a cold drink. I gasp from the chill and look up ready to swing. Instead, I smile.

"Hey Dolly," he says, nudging the beer at me again. I take it and pop the top off easily. I look at it before taking a drink, figuring it isn't regular beer. Who even drinks regular beer anymore?

"Apple boy," I start, looking up at him. "Did you bring these just in case you saw me?" I laugh, looking back down at the bottle. Hard Apple Cider.

"Hey, I said I couldn't promise our fourth meeting would be appleless. This time you're just not drenched in it." He smirks. "Yet."

"You better not. I'll break this bottle over your damm head!!" No way in hell this man's about to mess up my dress.

He smiles and shakes his head, not saying anything. His eyes close and he sways a bit to the music. His hair is pushed back instead of let loose and messy. He's got on black jeans, nice shoes, and a hella nice paisley print button up with the sleeves rolled up. He looks amazing and under these lights, his tattoos are so beautiful.

"Whatcha lookin' at Dolly?" his voice breaks my stare and I roll my eyes.

"Not you, pretty boy." I wink and he shakes his head.

"Not sure to thank you or be offended." he takes a drink of his beer and leans against the wall beside me. "You sure are sassy, Dolly."

"You know my name is Dahlia, right?" I ask. He's been calling me Dolly since i told him my name. Maybe he misheard me?

He laughed. "Yes, Dolly. I know your name. But you're too perfect to be real so you must be a doll," he drinks his beer again, "So, Dolly means doll and is short for Dahlia."

That's kinda cute. I think. I'm not perfect. I'm not ugly but perfect is a stretch. "Mhmm, you played that off nicely, apple boy."

"You know my name is Harry, right?"

I pull one of his curls into his face. "It's because of your hair, huh?" He grins ear to ear and nods.

I drink the rest of my beer while bantering back and forth with Harry. We drink a few more before deciding to play pool. Every ball we hit that goes in, we have to take a shot. If we scratch, we gotta take a double shot. The shots are Green Apple Liquor, which was totally coincidence.

"It's on, Dolly." Harry winks at me from across the table. "I got you so beat."

I laugh. "C'mon Apple boy, I may be only as tall as this cue stick but I can definitely beat you. You'll when you're drunk."

✧ ✦ ✧