ONE

|01

|01.| SOMETHING'S GOTTA GIVE

NOTHING IN THE MIKAELSON HOME WAS THE SAME. It had been months since the invasion of Dahlia and attack on the crescent wolves who remain cursed like those years ago. Every full moon, the wolves have the chance to transform into their human forms and Cora made sure not to take that time for granted.

The tribrid left to the Bayou every full moon for Jason, but for good reason. She always apologized to him each visit for being part of the reason why he and their pack remain in their beast form, but Jason assures her there's no harm done. The only people she avoids meeting up with is Hayley and her father, reason being they were so willing to take her daughters away from her and Klaus. Every time Jason had mentioned any of them, she would instantly change the subject so she doesn't leave the Bayou angry.

During those months, Klaus was left lonely without his siblings siding with him on anything but he remains stubborn and refuses to apologize for what he's done. The hybrid doesn't seem so affected by their cold shoulders considering he got what he wanted: his daughters whom are safe and the love of his life. He and Cora spend as much time together whether it's out on a walk with their daughters, at the dinner table, or in Klaus' king sized bed. Klaus never fails to make his queen feel good whether it is their intimate moments in bed or showering her with gifts.

As for the Keeling family, they stay in contact with their sister and check up on their nieces whenever they can. Victor rules the French Quarter as Marcel's second, recruiting vampires and creating daylight rings for the selected few Marcel chooses, and keeping guard of Viviana who rots in an abandoned building. Little Susan chooses to oppose the vampires and side with the witches as she is finished with working for vampires, excluding her siblings. As for Mary, she remains as Klaus' confidante who listens to him rant and ramble about his siblings, being the best friend he needs.

There are the positive things coming out of these months, but also the negatives. Only question is will there be any way of healing the fractured bond between family?

In the early morning, Klaus and Cora wake up tangled in the sheets and left with memories of their previous night. The hybrid softly kisses her neck, arousing her and Cora runs her fingers through his blonde curls not wanting him to stop. Klaus hovers on top of her and runs his hand down her body to the back of her thigh, lifting it up so that he has more of a grip. The couple chuckle at his move and Klaus captures her chuckle by connecting their lips.

Unfortunately, their moment is interrupted by cries in the nursery next to Klaus' room and they both simultaneously groan. Cora moves out from under him and grabs her robe throwing it over her body. The hybrid chuckles and sits back in the bed with the bed sheet covering the lower half of his body, smiling while watching as his lover goes to the nursery to tend to their child.

"It's okay, mommy's here." Cora picks up Hope from her crib and rests the child on her hip. The tribrid glances over the other crib to see Melody fast asleep and she chuckles. "My god, you remind me of your uncle Damon."