NINETEEN

|19

|19.| TOWARDS THE LIGHT

INSIDE OF THE MIKAELSON COMPOUND was an empty room that had Hayley's corpse still resting in the bed where she died. The lingering pain that her death left was all Elijah had felt, completely ignoring the promise of helping Cora through this hard time considering he's going through the same thing. He stares out of the window with a numbing expression over his face and he feels her presence.

"Did you bring it?" Cora walks further inside with Klaus at her side, not wanting his brother to say anything that he will regret later.

"Jack wrote down everything Nik's father and my own told him about the ancient werewolves." Cora gestures towards Klaus and taps the book onto the palm of her hand. "I've read it. I don't think there's anything in there that's gonna help us kill Lucien, though."

"I'll see for myself." Elijah takes the book for himself and looks at the couple. "You can go."

"Elijah, I think that we should do something about the body, about Hayley." Cora chooses the right words to say during this time. "I know that she would have wanted to be put to rest the way of our people—"

"It doesn't matter what she wanted! She's gone." Elijah suddenly snaps, catching Cora off guard and Klaus steps forward protectively.

"Elijah."

"There's no time to burn her body. We're at war." Elijah looks away from the couple and opens up the journal to block them out. Not wanting to upset him even more, Cora clears her throat and exits the room in a hurry. The hybrid goes to say something to his brother, but chooses not to, so he follows after Cora.

In the courtyard, Freya walks downstairs to see Vincent and Victor standing next to Aurora's body, wrapped in a sheet. The former Regent notices her presences and perks up with good news.

"Good news, Freya, I think I found a spell that'll draw together all the serum that Aurora took, with the help of Victor of course," Vincent gestures towards the heretic and Victor rubs his hands together.

"Alright, it's gonna take a little while, but if I can concentrate it in her heart, we can extract it with this destroy it—" Victor holds up the syringe and hands it to Vincent. "—and make sure we don't have anymore monster posers in our hands."

"Good! In the meantime, I think I may have finally found a way to kill Lucien." Freya's disregards their plans, but they still listen. "Now, my mother once tried to end my siblings by reversing the Original Vampire spell, and according to her grimoire, only the witch who cast the spell could undo it."

As she explains, Freya's glances at Vincent before she continues. "You created that serum; therefore, according to my mother, you can turn Lucien back and then Klaus can rip his head off."