TWENTY

|20

|20.| TOGETHER FOREVER,
NO MATTER WHAT

JUST LIKE WHAT HAYLEY HAD WISHED FOR, the Mikaelsons finally take her body to the Bayou to give her a proper burial. Cora spent majority of the day preparing, and now her friend's body lays in a wooden boat with flowers covering her hair and a white sheet covering her body. As the sun sets, the Crescent wolves who remained living in the Bayou reunite next to the water where an abandoned shack is located. A select few of wolves, including Elijah, held a torch to light up the area and turn to Cora who stood next to her body.

"It's hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember. Hayley Marshall was apart of my pack, my best friend, my family." Cora glances down at her body and weakly smiles. "The one thing that made her human was taken away from her, but regardless if it was no longer apart of her when she was here with us, she will always be a Labonair and a Crescent."

Elijah keeps calm through her small speech and finally hands Cora the torch he had in hand. Before the tribrid continues, she kneels down and kisses her two fingers then placing them on Hayley's head.

"May we meet again, Hales."

The tribrid takes the torch and places it over her body, letting it ignite and she uses another piece of wood to push the boat out further in the water. Cora stands back on her feet with the help of Klaus and she watches as the flames fully take over the body and the boat. Tears slowly appear in her eyes as she realizes that now she has to live on without Hayley by her side. Klaus places a comforting hand on her back, sighing sadly as he hates seeing her in such a state. Cora looks up at him, attempting to show him a small smile but she fails. He pulls her close into him and she rests her head on his chest while he softly rubs her back.

As the sun rises, the rest of the wolves who attended the funeral start to disperse back to their homes in the encampments. Elijah remains standing alone out on the dock, watching the boat smoke as it is finished burning. The couple stand a bit of ways watching the once noble vampire with his back turned towards them. Footsteps appear from behind them and walking towards Elijah is Marcel to pay his respects after visiting Davina's headstone. He stands their for a moment before walking away, not saying a word to anyone.

"Give him time," Elijah walks beside the couple, watching as the vampire leaves the Bayou.

"Time will not bring Davina back, the one chance to save her was ruined by us for our ends. Marcel's anger is justified." Klaus sighs and looks at the two. "It's best I reach out to him before that anger hardens into something worse."

-

Alone in the Mikaelson compound, Freya prepares for a desecration while everyone who stays in the home are attending funerals. She pours blood into a bowl but she is interrupted by Kol walking into the room, which catches her off guard but his presence reminds her of what she has done.