Chapter 10

A N

Sorry for the long wait,i was away in london to see EMINEM IN WEMBLEY!!! mot amazing night of my life, also saw DR DRE OMG, anyway, enjoy this short but sweet chapter my loves! x

Marshall took my hand with a firm grip as he walked me into the coffee shop where we took a seat beside the window looking out on to a shopping centre. “ what d’you want?” “um ill have a vanilla latte, thanks” he smiled and walked across the shop over to the cashier/bar with his hands in is pockets and looking at the ground. I turned to look out of the window when I heard my phone vibrate in my purse, I took it out just as the vibrating stopped and saw I had 34 missed calls and 16 text messages from Cara. Shit, she was staying at mine to make sure I was alright. “Fuck” I said aloud and quickly dialled her number in, antsy waiting on her to answer . it only rang twice before I heard her almost shout down the line “were the fuck have you been?!” her voice was loud and he was kind of pissed “ ive been up most of the night worrying my ass off because you didn’t come home or even let me know youre alright! Fuck sake Katie, I swear to god, the least you could have done was call or text.” “christ sake cara let me talk before you get pissed! Im sorry I never got in touch I was just ..busy I guess, but im fine, I stayed with Marsh last night and e were really tired once I got home and im sorry I forgot to call! Were out for coffee just now and my phones gonna die so ill come see you at some point today when I get a chance ok, gotta go!” and with that I ended the all and I saw marshall sit back down while placing two cups on the table and a little brown paper bag too. “whats this?” I laughed while opening the bag with curiosity “thought youd want a bite to eat so I got you a blueberry muffin and I got myself a donut” he said while I passed him his iced donut out of the bag, licking the icing left on my finger off while making a ‘mm’ sound. We sat in silence while we ate our treats and took brief sips of our drinks.  

We started to walk out of the shop  and I placed my empty cup in the trash can. “y’know out of all coffee shops in detroit this one is probably my favourite”  He smiled at me and I took a hold of his hand yet again. “why? Isn’t it just the same as any other coffee place?” I noticed a small wooden bench beside a grass pitch “hey can we sit here for a minte?” “if it makes you happy then yeah.”

We sat down on the od bench and Marshall wrapped his arm around me before beginning to speak “its always so chill in there, its like no one ever causes shit and its just a nice feeling y’know?” “and the donuts are good” “they aint just good, theyre The best donuts in this state.” He laughed and I nudged his arm playfully.

Marshalls pov

She nudged my arm before she turned and looked me directly in the eyes and she kissed me. It was short but I could tell she meant it. “ wanna head out of here?” I asked and stroked her cheek lightly with my middle finger. This was probably one of the only times id used my middle finger for something other than flipping people off. She placed her small hand over mine that was on her face and replied with a “mhm”

I stood up and she did too while pulling up my sweats which were too big on her. She started walking and was a couple of paces in front of me , giving me a good view of her short body just as I was scanning my eyes up and down her amazing figure she stopped walking until I caught up to her and she linked her arm with mine, allowing us to be close together.

After getting back into the car and a short drive back to my house I led her past the kitchen and down some stairs

“god, I knew your house was huge but I had no idea it was this big” Katie laughed while walking with me down a wide hall.

“just wait til you see this , youll love it” I said while smiling at her and pshing open a set of double doors at the end of the hall “check this out”

“Shut the fuck up” she said while walking into the dull room, filled with sofa-beds and blankets with a large screen on the wall “no way do you have a home cinema” Katie laughed while I put my feet up and took my sneaks off.

After laughing at herself, Katie kicked her shoes off and jumped beside me. I pulled a navy coloured blanket from the floor and pulled it over us both, the stretched my arm around her shoulders. “so what we watching? Youd better not make me watch any of that jersey shore crap” she joked

“ay, don’t hate! Jersey shore is great entertainment y’know”

“you cant be serious” she tried not to laugh but we both burst into laughter.

Katies POV

I watched him find a control for the tele and select the Netflix option. He then handed me the long black remote and asked me to chose something to watch. I scrolled through a long list of movies until I came across 2 horror films.

“alright what one we watching? Friday the 13th or texas chainsaw massacre?”

“Go for texas chainsaw, think ive seen Friday the 13th 20 times with hailie” He laughed and pulled me in closer as I selected the film.

The film had only been on about 45 minutes and I already felt sick, watching a psycho cut people up wasnt my idea of a good movie. I kept hiding my face into Marshalls underarm, ever so slightly and pulling the blanket over my face, this time I pulled the blanket over my full head, totally submerging myself into the soft fabric.  Seconds later I could hear soft mumbles and after I blinked I saw Marshalls face, only an inch or two away from my own.

“someones scared.” He spoke softly, his voice was quiet yet sweet.

“maybe I am, I just don’t wanna die young” we both laughed and I shuffled my butt over to marshall and kissed his soft lips, the taste of red bull was left lingering on my mouth.

“im here to protect you” He put both his arms around me and I put my hands on his chest “nothings gonna happen while youre mine okay?”  I pushed myself against him and we lay down, not breaking away from each other and embracing one-another. I felt safe, even more so now I was his. Damn.

 I felt his hand move from my side and on to my back, he started to lightly tickle my back just under where my bra should have been.

“Katie?”

“yeah?”

“whats with the nickname?” he giggled

“what , y’mean Marsh? I can stop calling you that if you want, im sorry”

He kissed my forehead then said “don’t be silly, you can call me whatever”

I laughed “sure thing, asshole”

“ay!” We both laughed then enjoyed a long kiss together, still under the warmth of the blanket.

After about 10 minutes it sated to get really warm under the blanket, I pulled the cover off of my head and pulled it down to my waist to try cool myself down.  “im so tired, oh god” I said while letting out a brief yawn and stretching my back “take a nap, itll do you good to sleep” Marshal kissed on my forehead yet again and I blinked my eyes shut and fell into a deep sleep.