Chapter Two:

*author note

This picks off from the end of the last chapter! enjoy x

“I know you” I said suddenly” you’re that rapper, Eminem right?” I smiled “yeah, that’s me. But please call me Marshall. And I sadly I can’t say I know you” “I, I’m Katie. Katie Sher” I had been over taken by so many emotions by his point I forgot I had to use the rest room as well. “Well Katie, would you fancy sitting up at the bar with me and have a drink? “ Marshall said while motioning towards an empty barstool beside him. “Thank you Marshall but I ought to get back to my friends, were sort of here on a night out, im sorry!” I had just declined drinks with him, any other person would jump at the offer, what was I doing?!  “Oh that’s aight I understand, maybe we’ll see each other around sometime. Have a nice night.” “Yeah, see you” and with that I walked my way back over to our booth where I sat down with my friends. I didn’t mention I had met Marshall at the bar as the boys being massive hip hop fans they are would probably swarm him, and I didn’t think Marshall would appreciate that so I kept it to myself.

The night w=continued as normal with loud music , shots and dancing several hours passed, we were all very drunk and decided it was time to go home. We all hopped into a taxi and headed for our houses, that was until I started throwing up in the taxi and ended getting kicked out the cab. Great, I was now drunk and walking about Detroit in the middle of the night. I was too drunk to even realise how dangerous my situation was, I mean I could have been stabbed, raped or mugged by anyone or even worse, a gang. I hardly remember what I was doing while attempting to walk home, it was all one big blur.

I was suddenly woken up by a heavy shaking sensation on my side “Excuse me? Hey are you okay?” a husky male voice said. I opened up my eyes and to my shock I was laying on a park bench, it was still dark out but the park street lights were on so it was bright enough to see my surroundings. “Oh thank god you’re awake, are you alri… Hey I know you” the masculine voice said. I sat up and opened my eyes wide and I saw Marshall “what, why am I lying on a bench” I said and let out a little yawn “I think you had a bit too much to drink Katie, are you alright though? Detroit can be pretty rough during the nights and if someone hurt you it’s…” I interrupted him before he could finish “I’m fine honestly just a little cold Marshall. Last thing I recall was walking home but I guess I just blacked out here” I giggled thinking of the bad state must have been in earlier. “Well you’re just lucky I came out a walk to clear head and found you and not some crazy elderly dude, who knows what, could have happened!” Marshall stuck his arm out, grabbed my hand and helped me to my feet “thank you Marshall” I just managed to get the words out while shivering. “Oh sit here take this” Marshall placed a baggy grey jumper over my shoulders and man was it cosy. “Mmm thank you” I cooed. We started walking around the park, neither us said much at first until he broke the silence. “So you’re a fan of the lions I see?” “Hell yeah! Although I can’t say I’ve ever been to a game sadly! I one of my few dreams for the future. I’m guessing you’ve been to many seeing as you can afford it no problem with having successful rap career and all?” I laughed. “Well yeah but it’s no fun going yourself. And future dreams? What are your goals then miss Katie?” Marshall said, he never seemed to speak with over emotion in his voice but there was something that attracted me to him either way. “Well someday I hope to start a singing career but it’s so complicated.” I was still a bit drunk as I was slurring my words and I fell into Marshall a few times. He seemed to chuckle under his breath before saying “oh god youre still drunk, here lean on me” Marshall wrapped his muscular arm over my shoulder, keeping me standing up right.

*Marshalls POV*

Damn, she was beautiful even when she’s extremely drunk. There’s something about he, I can’t quite figure it out. About an hour past with me walking beside her with my arm over her petite shoulders. Finally after convincing her to tell me where she stays so I could walk her home safely she let me walk her. We eventually arrived at a small cottage type house where Katie handed me her house key. I opened the door and walked her inside. For it looking small outside it was surprisingly spacious and very clean. I was too busy gazing over the house that I hadn’t paid attention to what she was doing. I looked over and saw Katie asleep on the black leather sofa. “Oh god, come on I’ll put you to bed” and with that I picked her light body off the sofa in bridal style and stared searching for the bedroom. Once I found it I placed her on the double bed and placed a blanket over her.

I was just about to leave her home when I realised I didn’t have a key to lock the door once  left so I took my Nikes off and made myself as comfortable as possible on her sofa. I fell into a deep sleep and didn’t wake until morning.

*Katie’s POV *

I woke up with my head pounding, wrapped in a duvet on my bed; I checked my clock and read the time. 11:15. I wanted to just lie in bed all day but I couldn’t , so I forced myself out of bed and shuffled into my living room while rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. “OMG” I shrieked as I walked into the room and saw a man lying on my sofa wearing a hat, jeans and top. I must have woken him up because as soon as I screamed he jumped up and I started to get confused “Marshall? What are you doing sleeping on my couch?” I questioned him “You don’t remember?” “Remember what?” I was getting very curious as to why Eminem was asleep on my sofa. He explained all of last night’s antics to me and i felt so embarrassed. “Oh dear god, I’m sorry Marshall. I really can’t handle my drink and I guess I was in a really bad way. Thank you for looking after me though, you didn’t have to do anything. I would have been alright myself, I usually am” I couldn’t believe it at firs but ten I recalled meeting Marshall and it was all flooding back to me. “ I better get going , I have some work to finish in the studio. But erm here’s my number in case you ever get drunk and lost again or just wanna chill sometime I guess.” Wow , did I just get offered to chill with the beautiful man that is Marshall Mathers? “wow, sure . thanks again for looking after me last night! See ya Marshall.” I locked the door behind him and headed for the shower.