Chapter 11

Chapter 11

“ Dad” a quiet girls voice spoke, I felt a tug on the blanket  and marshall sit up from underneath me.  “ is she the model youre going out with?”

He laughed “What are you on about Hai?”

“I watch E news, how else would I know” the girl, who I presumed was Hailie laughed.

“E news?” I asked while sitting up from under the blanket

I sat up, I had just woken up and I couldn’t take all this in.

“wait wait” I sat up and stretched my arms “ model ,news, what?”

Marshall looked over at me and tapped the end of the sofa bed , where the tall slim blonde sat down. “Hailie this is Katie my..” he paused then continued without finishing the previous sentence.  “Katie, this is Hailie my daughter”

“Hi” Hailie smiled “ youre gorgeous wow” I giggled and replied to the teen “ not a patch on you though!”

“Hailie what channel is E?” marshall asked her while looking at the controller for the tele confused “ 315, I think?” She laughed then turned away from me to face the TV.

The large screen filled with bright colors and a man in a suit appeared. “ Who is eminems new mystery girl? The rapper,40, was last spotted at a local coffee shop in the rappers home town of Detroit with an unkown woman. The two were seen entering the shop, enjoying a coffee then leaving , all while being close. Maybe a little too close , inside sources here at E say that the mystery girl is in actual fact an Alaskan model. We’ll keep you updated but for now, heres our latest episode of Real Housewives.”

What. The. Hell.

“ Fucking paparazzi” Marshall stood up and his voice was angry, his fists clenched and held by his side “ I cant go for fucking coffee with my girl without having some asshole take photos of us. Fuck, I swear to god”

I jamp off the sofabed and stood beside Marshall, placing my hand on his shoulder I tried to calm him “ its alright Marshall, its E news they talk a lot of shit no one will believe it so we can keep ourselves private for now” he smiled and loosened the grip of his fist “even if it wasn’t E reporting , no one would listen to it. I mean ‘model’” i mocked and I just got two blanks gazes from Marshall and Hailie.

“Wait” Hailie interrupted my laughing “ youre not a model? Youre kidding right?!”

“no way, I work at a bar in town waitressing” I smiled at her, she looked shocked.

“and singing” Marshall said under his breath, without realising I had heard

“you sure had me fooled!”

*an hour later*

I was sitting at the breakfast bar in the long kitchen reading a book, I hadn’t seen Marshall after the E incident cause he rushed off to ‘take care of things’ but luckily I ran into a Stephen king book on my way to the kitchen.

I was so engrossed in my book that I hadn’t heard Hailie walk into the room “you know it turns out shes actually kidnapping him?” I heard her sweet voice giggle beside my ear , I dropped the book with fright.

“oh jesus hailie you scared the crap out of me!” we laughed together for a brief second before she spoke again but this time in a more serious tone.

“Dad says you need to go speak to him, he’s in his room. Im guessing you know where that is since you stayed the night?”

“howd you work that out?” I questioned her

“well your wearing my dads clothes, your hair is messy and I heard yous come in last night”

Damn, she may only be a teen but she was smart. I thought as I walked through the open halls of the house, until I got to the large doors of Marshalls suite. I stood outside the doors for a couple of minutes worried about what we had to speak about, then just as I went to open the door Marshall approached me from behind.