Moony

The Lupin cottage was quiet, as usual at this time of day. The only sounds were that of the fire crackling in the stone hearth, and a quiet rummaging noise coming from the kitchen where Mrs. Lupin was making the afternoon tea. Remus lupin sat alone reading his newest book in front of the fireplace. He was a rather handsome boy with soft brown locks of hair and a sweet face. Though all that was overlooked due to the still healing scars on his face and neck from the last full moon. Remus looked up from his book and stared out the window toward the woods surrounding his small house. He dreamt about his life before the accident. When he could go into a bookstore without fear of being taken from his family for what he was. He missed the town, and the people. He missed the feeling of freedom he had walking down the street to to the old bookstore. And the unmistakable smell of freshly baked bread that hung in the air from the pastry shop next door. He missed his friends most of all. They of course had no idea why he had suddenly moved away without saying goodbye to any of them. They were better off not knowing.

 Remus thought about his old life as he stared at the open blue sky. He could almost swear he saw something flying towards the house, but that was impossible, the Prophet had already arrived and he knew they weren't expecting any more mail today. Still the spot in the sky kept getting bigger and bigger and Remus was sure by this point that an owl would soon be flying straight into the window if he didn't do anything.

"Mom, we've got mail!" Remus shouted as he ran to let in the beautiful silver owl. He opened the window and the creature flew into the open living room and settled on a perch just beside the kitchen. Remus took the letter attached to the owls leg and walked into the kitchen. Mrs. Lupin was busy at the stove.

"What does it say dear?" She asked while putting on a pot of tea. 

Remus flipped the letter over. As soon as he saw the symbol he froze in place. Mrs. Lupin looked up, her eyes filled with concern for her son.

"What is it Remus?" She asked quietly.

Remus took a deep breath, "It's my Hogwarts letter." 

Mrs. Lupin hurried over and carefully took the letter from Remus. As she saw the symbol on the front her mouth formed into a grimace. 

"Go get your father" she told Remus. He scurried off to his father's study to inform him of the news. When they returned Mrs. Lupin was sitting at the kitchen table reading the letter. 

"Well? Is it real?" Mr. Lupin asked sharply.

"Oh it's real alright. I've heard of this Dumbledore before, he's just full of crazy ideas apparently." Mrs. Lupin waved her husband over to see, "Look, there's the regular Hogwarts letter and the supplies list, then there's this extra page saying that someone will be by shortly to discuss what they will be doing for Remus's safety."

"His safety? What about the other kids?" Mr. Lupin asked.

"Well I'm sure they're going to tell us that as well. I just don't know. I still think it's too dangerous don't you?" His mother asked.

"Let's just see what they have to say first, after all we don't have to make any decisions right now do we?" Mr. Lupin wondered.