Prongs

The smell of bacon was growing stronger as James Potter sat at the kitchen table waiting impatiently for his mother to finish breakfast. She was just about to flip the pancakes when a large russet brown owl came swooping in. It landed roughly in the middle of the table and James excitedly reached for his leg. 

"It's here, it's here!" James shouted, "Dad! Come quick! My Hogwarts letter's just arrived!" 

Mrs. Potter put some food out for the owl and came to stand by James side. 

"Oh look! It even says 'Kitchen Table' on the address!" James pointed out to his mother. 

She reached for the letter reading off the book list. "Hogwarts a History by Bathilda Bagshot, Oh darling isn't that the wonderful witch who just moved in down the street?" She asked as Mr. Potter came in holding a large cloak.

"I think so, I didn't know she was a writer. Must be pretty good eh? If they put her book on the supplies list." He answered waving James over to him, "James I've got something for you here." 

James excitedly walked over as his father handed him the cloak.

"Now my first year at Hogwarts my father gave this to me, so I am doing the same to you. This old thing got me through quite a few adventures in my day, and I know you'll find some use for it this year" Mr. Potter looked down at James proudly.

"Uh thanks dad, but what am I going to do with an old cloak?" James looked at the cloak confused.

Mr. Potter just chuckled, "Well why don't you try it on eh?"

Jame's shrugged and tried on the cloak. "Uh dad it doesn't really fit, maybe I'll take it to Hogwarts in a few years or so." 

"Go look in the mirror real quick James" His mother tried to hold back her laughter.

James walked over to the mirror and froze. He blinked a few times, moved back and forth, he even jumped up and down. He did anything he could think of that would prove that this was just a trick his mind was playing on him. 

"You got me an invisibility cloak?!" James shouted, hardly able to contain his excitement. "This is so cool I can't believe you got this for me!" 

"Well actually, this is a family heirloom and I expect you to give it to your son when he first goes to Hogwarts as well." Mr. Potter explained

"Yeah yeah sure, I can't believe this! This is so cool!" James ran around the room moving things as an invisible man. 

Mr. Potter sighed and stood next to his wife to help her make breakfast.