Padfoot

The sound of footsteps could be heard from Sirius's bedroom. His mother was not happy and she wanted everyone to know it. It probably had something to do with the fact that he had been playing with the neighbors son again. 

Sirius Black was standing in front of his wall trying to decide which quidditch poster he should put up. He was in between the Bulgarian team and the Scottish team when his brother Regulus slipped quietly into his room, and tried to sneak up on him. 

"What do you want Reg?" Sirius asked without turning around.

"Damn, how could you hear me? I thought for sure I would scare you that time." Reg turned and sat on the bed playing with a trinket from Sirius's desk. 

"What's wrong with mum?" Sirius asked, blatantly ignoring Reg's question.

Regulus grinned up at him, "Oh you've really pissed her off this time. She's going on a rampage, saying she isn't going to let you go to Hogwarts, you won't get any new robes, you know the usual stuff." Regulus got up and walked around Sirius's room. "You picked a fine time to go all 'muggle lovey' didn't you? I mean your Hogwarts letter flew in the window about thirty seconds after she found out that you had been talking to that muggle boy again."

Sirius closed his eyes and fell on the bed. His mother wouldn't really keep him from going to Hogwarts would she?

"Of course she won't be too hard on you. The thought that another Black will soon be joining Slytherin house calmed her down quite a bit." Regulus went on. " And I really think she was quite pleased with that knowledge. So you've nothing to worry about." Regulus ran back out of his room and down the hall. 

Sirius sat up and looked around. Did he really want to be in Slytherin? Surely if he didn't get in to his families favorite house his mother would beat him, or disown him. Then again he was already due a beating seeing as his mother found out he had been talking to muggles again. It seemed as if Sirius would never make his mother happy, but maybe getting into Slytherin was a start. Of course, he could decide to just not care. After all no one but Reg knew him at this school. This could be his chance to start over and be someone totally different. And if his mother didn't approve, so what? He would only be here for a few months a year anyways. He would just have to suffer through those months till he got back to school the next year. 

"SIRIUS BLACK GET DOWN HERE NOW" He heard the screeching voice of his mother. Maybe he should just play along till school starts. Then he could be whoever he wanted.