Reality

They say that when you hold a sea shell to your ear, you can hear the ocean inside of it. They say when you find a four leaf clover it gives you good luck. They say that dreams can come true— that if you believe hard enough, fairies exists.

They tell you love a first sight exists, as if there's someone out there that you are destined to be with— like soulmates.

But soon you discover that the sound you hear inside the sea shell is just air moving through it. Four leaf clovers are just clovers with deformities. Most dreams never really come true. Fairies are just make believe.

Love at first sight leads to a broken heart— destiny doesn't exist. Soul mates are a lie— a pleading hope made up by those that wished they could find true love and wanted hope.

I don't know why we make up these lies for ourselves. Maybe it makes reality seem just a little less harsh.

But what's the point if you're just going to have to wake up soon? What's the point if reality is the final destination?

When the time comes, you have to let go of your broken dreams. In the end, it was only ever false hope.

Hope to be something. Hope to become something. Hope to achieve something.

You have no idea how pointless that is, to hope for the impossible. Because life sucks, and impossible things only happen in movies and TV shows.

Reality sucks, but we all have to grow up sometime, right?