Chapter 2

~×~
D.

After the designated time of arrival of 30 minutes, I finally made it to Andie's dormitory. Boys aren't allowed inside the dorm as most all-girl schools are, so I meet up with her outside the main entrance of the community college she goes to when her class ends at 6pm.

"Hey miss volcanic couture."

I said with the stupidest crooked smile on my face. Andie once said that she didn't think my smile was stupid but actually cute. I think she was just trying to be nice because, I know for a fact that I don't have the best lookin' smile.

I scanned her from head to toe as she walked down the steps. She was wearing a floral dress with a white pleated vest that had random sequences or as I like to call, medium- sized glitter all over it. She wore a white hat with a floral ribbon tied around it and her signature floral leg warmers and white boots. Not to mention, her beautiful glistening eyes that were looking at my direction, her ginger hair that flowed down her shoulder's, and her warm smile that appeared when she heard my voice.

"Hey, Duckie!"

She yelled as she went down the last stair case, giving me a spin showing off her possibly latest creation.

"So, what do you think?"

"Well, it's exceptional. Needs alittle bit more medium-sized glitter."

I playfully commented pretending to actually know what I was saying. Andie raised her eye brows, laughing slightly as she watched me take it back and give a compliment instead saying,

"No, you look beautiful."

I said looking straight into her eyes, hoping I would get a different response this time. But as always, she just gave me a friendly smile then said the words 'thank you'. I smiled awkwardly then tried to change the subject by saying,

"So, how are things going with Blane Enterprises?"

I asked stupidly as if I cared. She started walking away from the school while staring at the grey pavement as my legs automatically moved to follow her. There was a sheer sign of sadness with a hint of anger showing on her face as she continued to stare at the floor. I wanted to ask if she heard me, but I was sure she just wasn't ready to talk about it, or she didn't want to yet.

"I saw Blane with another girl the other day."

My eyes widened as I stared at her pale face that was still looking down. Who knew I was right all along? That he was just some jerk who wanted her for his selfish reasons. I'm not gonna lie, I felt happy to hear those things come out of her own mouth. That she knew I was right, and she saw it for herself.

"You were right. I finally see it."

She said smirking at the floor, but not in a good way. As if something had left her, and it was so surreal that it was funny. Realizing that it may be good news for me, it's unbearable for her. And as much as I'd hate to say it, I'd be just like him if I used this opportunity to selfishly use the moment to get her. So instead, I did the unthinkable and gave him the benefit of the doubt by saying,

"Me-maybe they were just hanging out, you know? He can be friends with girls just as you can be friends with boys, like me!"