Chapter 2

This chapter is dedicated to temimdife..Thank you so much for adding our story The Stolen Stone in your reading list.❤
.
.
.

We went towards the crowd and were really shocked after what we saw....

The blue stone was stolen and the police was already present at the crime scene.

"Hey Aaron how did this happen? And when did it happen?" I asked Aaron who was really tensed and terrified after what had happened.

" I don't know how it happened. When I came here the stone was already stolen. Oh god help us." Aaron said in a way that he was almost going to cry.

"Don't worry. Everything will be alright." George said comforting Aaron.

I looked around for any suspects. But then I noticed that there were cameras all around the hotel.

"Hey what about the CCTV cameras? We could get some clues from there." I said with a hope of getting some clues.

"Yeah. I didn't think about that" Aaron said with a small smile.

While we were going to the control room, I saw the same waitress who had spilled the tray of drinks at that rude rich man the last day standing there and watching us. But that's not the problem. The problem is that she was tensed and was sweating a lot. And then I asked Aaron about the waitress.

"Hey Aaron.. what's the name of that waitress standing near table?" I asked Aaron pointing my index finger to her.

"Oh she is Marie. She is new here. Why? Is there any problem?" He asked.

"No .. just asked." I said giving a glance to the waitress who was a bit frightened.

And then we all ran towards the control room where all the cameras were shown on the screen. And saw Derik - the control room manager lying on the floor unconscious. Aaron went towards him and tried to make him conscious by throwing drops of water on his face. Just after 2 second Derik opened his eyes.

"Hey.. are you alright? Who did this to you?" Aaron asked with a concern.

"I don't know. I was just watching the footages and then suddenly something hit me from back and then I don't remember what happened.
Ahhh! My head still hurts a lot." Derik said catching his head with pain.

"Did u see his face?" Aaron asked frightened and concerned.

"Nope. I couldn't see anyone." Derek said still catching his head.

"Ok Derek, don't worry and just take care of yourself." Aaron said.

I must say Aaron is really a caring person and George will be very lucky to have him as her boyfriend.

Then we looked at the footages of last 2 hours. But there was nothing. We rechecked and the footages were really not there.

"The footage of last 2 hours are missing." I said with a disappointment.

"The person who had hit Derek must have destroyed the footages." George said

"Now what? We don't have any clues and we even don't know who had stolen the stone." Bess said with a small cry.

"Don't worry we will catch the thief very soon." Police said assuring us.

"Ok then.. now it's really late. And no one is allowed to go out of the state without the permission of the police. Is that clear to everyone?" the police said with a serious look.