Chapter 12 - The Plan

Luke checked his watch and tapped the table impatiently. It was ten hours to the wedding, so they need to find out where Sofia is in six hours so they could find her before she started getting ready.

Luke checked his phone. What was taking them so long?

Luke looked through the window, searching for Maddi's car. She should've been here with Lucy five minutes ago! That's five minutes of precious time wasted!

Luke scanned the sidewalk and saw Maddi and Lucy walking coming into the diner. They saw Luke and hurried over to him.

"Luke! What's wrong? You sounded really upset on the phone." Lucy had a worried look on her face.

"Yeah, we came over as fast as we could, but the traffic was horrible!" Maddi exclaimed.

Luke took a deep breath. They weren't going to like this.

"Sofia has been kidnapped."

Lucy's eyes widened and she drew a sharp breath. Maddi, on the other hand, smacked her fists on the table and started yelling.

"Who's the bastard?! I'm gonna find them and make them wish they were never born! I'm gonna make sure that they know what it's like to b-"

"Calm down!" Luke yelled at her a lot louder than he meant to. Maddi shrank back into her seat and stared at him. Luke took a deep breath, "I've got a plan to get her back. I need you two to stay calm, okay?"

Maddi nodded reluctantly and muttered to herself about teaching the kidnapper a lesson. Luke looked over at Lucy and she gave a short nod.

"Okay, so Sofia has been kidnapped by William Harris and is being forced to marry him tonight." Luke stopped to calm Maddi down and continued, "So we have to get to her before she says 'I do'"

Maddi took a deep breath and nodded. Lucy took her first breath for the whole conversation and looked at Luke.

"So. What's the plan?"