Hard Truths

Callie's POV

When I finally see Addie turn around and walk back towards my direction my heart starts to race and it seems as if time is slowing. As I start to realize the magnitude of what I am about to admit, she cuts off from my thoughts as she is finally by my side, "What was so important that you decided to scream my name down a busy hallway."

I am pretty sure I looked like a dear caught in headlights and the car is coming full speed because after she said those words she starred at me with a blank expression like she was waiting for an answer.

"Are you going to answer me or are you just going to stand there," she stated with a hand on her hip. Once I finally came back to reality I quickly grab her arm and pull her into the chapel. She just looked at me like I was crazy, I started to stutter, " I.I.I." she stopped me right there and said, "You better tell me whats got the almighty Ortho god in such a mess that she cant even speak straight. I kept starring at her and when I mustered the courage to tell her i just blurted it out,

" Ilikethenewpedssurgeon!"

She just stood there and I'am freaking out because I have no idea what she is thinking. I start going over all of the possible scenarios of how I'am going to lose my best friend when she finally cuts back in.

" What did you say. You said so fast, it all blurred together." She stood there waiting for me to reiterate my last phase so I take in a deep breath and slowly say, " I.Like.The.New.Peds.Surgeon."

After I spew those words tears start to flow from my eyes and Addie didn't say anything she just came over and embraced me in a hug. As soon as she wrapped her arms around me I completely fell apart. After what seemed to be years she pushed me back while still holding on to me, looked me in my eyes and gently spoke, " Its okay. I will always accept you for who you are no matter what. Unless you were a serial killer or something." After she said that we both giggled a bit. She looked at me again and continued, " You are my best friend no matter what. I would never give that up."

When I heard those words I felt a wave of relief wash across my body. I gave her one last hug before she interrupted by saying, "I am so sorry but I have to leave, my plane gets here in about an hour and I cant mess it. "After she was done talking I chipped in, "Thank you so much I don't know what I would do without you. " Without missing a beat she chimed in with a sarcastic tone, " probably be really lost in that brain of yours." With that we said are goodbyes and Addie was out the door.

After I collect myself I walk out the doors and as soon as the door shut I was walking right into another doctor and knocked their charts out of their hands. When we both look up I freeze because I had to run into the one and only, Dr. Robbins.