13

//Expect Nothing And You Will Never Be Disappointed//

Reece's POV

It had been a long day at the office and Sydney had to be leaving soon. She'll definitely let me know before she leaves. I had put an end to what I was doing and was just taping my pen on a blank paper waiting on her to walk in any time now. I was eager to see that waist of hers.

A good ten minutes passed and nothing. I decided to go check on her.

When I reached her door, I could have just badged in but no, I knocked but no answer, I knocked again but nothing, I wasn't a very patient man and couldn't wait any longer as I opened the door and saw her startled face.

"Why didn't you answer when I knocked?", I asked fuming with anger.

She looked surprise like she didn't know what I was talking about. For fucks sake woman I almost broke the door.

"I was just heading home", she finally said trying to sidestep me.

Did she really think she could avoid me that easily? She was damn wrong.

"And Sir,....", she kept talking but I lost it there.

When she called me Sir, I lost it. She bit her lip and her dimples appeared same time she brushed her hair back. I know she didn't do it intentionally but I was already getting a hard on. She has to stop doing that.

"Sir?", her voice came again and it finally got to me.

"Mmmh", I answered not even knowing what she asked.

I was still standing there admiring my temp with lust and admiration.

What the hell is going on with me?

***

Why the the fuck did I say that to her? That was not what I meant to say when I stopped her from getting into the elevator. I panicked.

Right now I'm just pissed off. But in my defense she was really stunning in that nice pencil skirt and those lips... I couldn't stop staring at them. Her beautiful mahogany hair that I just wanted to run my hands through them and know if it's as soft as it looks. Everything about her is intriguing.
She just sashays in here with that douche, Xavier. Not that I care about her love life but since I saw her a while back, I couldn't get her off my mind.
She grew up real nice. Scratch that, she's like a fucking walking gem.
Even if I try to be nice to her, I can't help the coldness and rudeness toward her. She just called  me Reece like we're in high school. This is fucking business not some high school reunion and I do take my work seriously whether I know you or not.

I sat there there thinking for so long I did not notice the time. It was 6:30 now. I did not have anyone to run home to so I decided to stay and work some more, after all, I own the place.

Sydney's POV

After I left the building, I called Daniel to come pick me up.While waiting for him, I just stood there confused by his words earlier. He was not cold when he said it and it wasn't rude. It was so not Reece. Well that was weird. After he rejected all my hard work today. I heaved a sigh. Guess I'll have to try better to impress him and it's not just for him, it's for my father too. As if on cue, I received a call from my father.

"Hello baby." My dad's voice cam from the other end. It always made me happy to hear from him.

"Hi dad."

"So how was your first day?" He asked so concerned.

"So far, it's good Daddy.I like the office, it's beautiful." He chuckled softly.