03

//I hope someday

We'll sit down together

And laugh with each other

About these days, these days//

-Rudimental

Chapter 3:

Next chapter here, I have not really gotten an updating routine yet, but will let you guys know when I get one, but with school approaching, I will have to leave the book hanging at some point, but keep reading.

***

Sydney's POV

Finally, it is Saturday, no stress about school or home work which means more sleep for me. Mia never bothers to wake me on week ends because she knows her efforts will be futile. I lobe weekends, no school and no shouting or parenting from Mia for most of the day. So I better enjoy it while it lasts.

I changed into a sporty outfit and went for a run in the park nearby, not wanting to strain myself. While jogging, I saw Shirley and ran up to her. We chatted for a while about school and stuff, and suddenly, I got a deep and hoarse voice from behind me. I could not turn around because I was scared I was going to bump into the person as I could get his breath tickling my neck. I just stayed rooted to the spot.

"Shirley, we have to get going", came the voice from behind me.

I cautiously turned around wished I had not the instant I saw who was behind me. I was faced with none other than Reece McNally. I was beyond perplexed as to what was happening, as if Shirley sensed my uneasiness, she finally spoke up.

"Syd, meet my twin brother", she said with a faint smile.

I was beyond shocked, she could have given me a heads up on this but no, she just had to blow it up on my face like this. I am pretty sure I looked like some weird kid right now talking to herself in her mind.

It then dawned on me that I did not know Shirley's last name which happened to be McNally as the school bully happens to be her twin. They could pass as total strangers, they looked nor acted nothing alike except for their eye colour. Shirley is slightly taller than me, shiny jet black hair, model size and seems calm to the whole world, trust me when you get to know her she is everything but calm, while her obnoxious twin of a brother is her complete opposite, everything about him screams stay off, dark and dangerous and a bit of hot. Okay maybe not a bit, the guy screams of sex appeal. He had a tanned face which is blank at this point, his dark brown hair jaggedly framing his defined features, styled in a Cortes De Cabello manner, with Kitty tufts sticking out here and there, practically defying gravity.

I was pulled out from my spiral of thoughts when he spoke up again.

"Didn't I tell you to stay away from the old kids?", I did not respond. I kind off find it funny that he actually expected me to keep to that jargon he said. He must be sick, but I did not voice that thought out because I loved my life more than I cared about freedom of speech. I was about to say something to him when he spoke again " Feisty doesn't suite your personality", he said in a flat tone. He just got me riled up.

"Oh yeah? and what will you know about my personality, the only time we met was when you recklessly decided to knock my books out of my hands", I said giving him the best glare I could come up with.

" Your stubborn", he started but I cut him off, "Yeah right, I don't think that fits me".

" Oh really?, you won't heed to the advice I gave you and you interrupt me as I talk, that proves your stubborn, or do you need more prove", he asked with a smirk. I was about to reply to that when he spoke again "You get annoyed easily, hate high pitched sounds, you love music but detest noise, you are completely unobservant but your unpredictable even though I can read you like an open book", he said with a cocky smile, I was about to reply when he interrupted me yet again "And Rain,we didn't meet just once, I was in your first class when you got here. Learn to be more observant, would you?",he said and turned to leave.