05

// Just be careful

Love ain't simple

Promise me no promises.//

-Cheat codes

Chapter 5:"Amusement parks"

Reece's POV

/ A promise. When someone says I promise, it's a declaration or assurance that they will do a particular thing or that a particular thing will happen. It is a word of honor, a word of assurance, a pledge, a vow, a guarantee, an oath, a bond, an undertaken, an agreement, a commitment, a contract, a covenant which is meant to be kept no matter what. It is never to be broken./

***

I started tapping my fingers on the steering wheel waiting for Shirley and Sydney to finally come out. I still don't know how I ended up accepting to be part of this . It has been a week now since school was over, not completely over though, just for some holiday thing or some unforeseen thing that came up, can't really remember what the principal said about it, but here I am.

Sydney's sister isn't back yet, so yes she still lives with us. I think we have one more week till school begins again, so mom thought it'll be memorable for us to spend it going out. So here I am waiting on Shirley and Sydney. This was so unlike me. I never had a problem saying no even to Shirley, but when it came to Sydney, I turned into a brainless idiot.

It has been almost thirty minutes and I was already loosing it. I was so glad I was going back to school in a weeks time. I really hate school, but if it's what saves me from this, I don't really mind schooling forever. With school, I don't have to see her around the whole time and my mind will be occupied with other things and not thoughts of the dimpled cheek girl. I would keep my distance till this feelings go away.

Why did it have to be her? Of all people out there. Why did it have to be her? It's stupid how I feel like I've met her before. We may be friends no, but if not we are getting there, we don't argue that much as when she first came to live with us.

I was deep in my thoughts that the car door flung open and they climbed in with huge grins plastered on their faces.

Shirley clapped her hands and chanted "2002", by Anne-Marie.

I chuckled, "Okay my lunatic of a sister where should we go first?"

I saw Sydney chuckle from the rear view mirror, Shirley just kept on singing.

Sydney smiled "Firstly, we will go pick the guys up then we will decide on where to go, so for now just go to the main street".

I nodded my head as a yes and started the engine.

Shirley kept singing random songs at the top of her lungs, to be honest, her voice was killing my ears. Sydney on the other hand kept shifting on her seat like a hyper bunny till we reached the main street and she jumped out of the car as soon as I stopped.

Our friends were waiting for us in the street. It was Rich, Zac, Ivan, Xavier and Diana. It's a good thing that Zac came with his car. There was no way in the world we could all fit in one car. Shirley obviously switched cars so she could ride with her boyfriend, Zac. Yeah my sister is dating one of my friends, I've got to admit that they look good together. Diana and Rich joined them. So I was going to ride with Sydney, Xavier and Ivan.

"But where are we going?", I questioned."

"club"

"Shopping"

"Bar"

"Starbucks"

"Gaming"

"Amusement park"