08

//Paint a picture for you and me on the days we were young// ---Anne Marie

Chapter 8

Sydney's POV

To say that the week was tiring is the world's greatest understatement, even hectic doesn't seem to cut it, but boy was I glad when it came to the end of the week.

***

Right now, Mia is out probably with Kyle or at work and I'm home with the girls.

"Sydney, why don't we call the boys over", Lee questioned like for the fifth time now. If you ask me, she's pretty hung up on Zac and can't stay a day without having him around, that can be suffocating if you asked me, but then no one asked me so I just keep my opinion to myself and not say a word.

She has been going about with this request for about an hour now, what can I say, the girl is persistent.

"You'll even get to spend more time with Xavier, please?", she said again standing before me and blocking my view from the movie we were suppose to be watching but had lost interest in due to her constant nagging, even Dee had given up and gone back to my room to probably face time Rich, they are whipped. But I've got to admit they do make really nice couples and it makes me feel less bad when I finally have to go back home, I know they each have someone to bicker to.

As appealing as the idea of Xavier and I cuddled up seems, I can't just give in to Shirley, she has to sweat for it.

She keeps pulling my hair, or pushing me off the couch and I finally decide to stay on the floor and she just kept throwing cushions at me.

"Shirley, will you fuckin' stop, you can have them over", I say finally irritated. She just squeals and leaves to find her phone before she comes back.

She returned a few minutes later with a guilty smile. I know better than to fall for that.

"What did you do this time?"

"I may have not only asked them to come over, but maybe asked them to sleepover?", she said with a sorry smile playing on her lips but I knew she was far from being sorry.

We spent the next hour preparing extra rooms, gathering snacks, booze and some board games, at around 6:00.p.m. Xavier, Reece, Zac, Rich and Ivan came rushing in. Zac instantly tackled Lee with multiple kisses, I guess she's not the only needy one in their relationship, while Rich and Dee being the more behaved couple just laughed at the crazy dogs, Ivan being his usual self was stuck to his phone, he was obsessed with social media. Xavier just moved toward me wit a cheeky grin and enveloped me with a bear hug and kissing my hair.

"Care for some PDA, babe?", Xav questioned with a smirk. I just hit is arm and moved away towards the kitchen.

"In your dreams", was all I said before he spoke again.

"It's nice to know I'll be getting some in my dreams", he said with a smile. This boy makes a lot of dirty jokes, I wonder how we are even friends. Zac finally let go of Shirley after receiving a series of smacks from Reece warning him to stop eating his sisters face when his around.

It was getting late and everyone went to different rooms to get ready, Shirley and Diana went with me while the guys went...I don't know probably somewhere but in the house.

After arguing with these to morons I call friends on what to wear, I discard all their ideas of clothing which is mostly shorts, I get it they have reason to showcase their pretty legs but I don't want to do that. I finally settle with black sweats with grey lines running from the waistband till the end of the sweats paired with a plain light white tee tied at the front with a low neckline.