Chapter Five - The Funeral

Dear diary,

The death of Ram Sweeney has affected a lot of people. Heather M overdosed in the washroom yesterday and my mom is forcing me to go the their double funeral. Their parents assumed they were just best friends, even though we know they were screwing.

I just wish that I could stay home and celebrate with JD rather than go to the funeral of two people I never liked.

Sincerely, Yn

--

JD's car pulls up outside my house and I fix my hair before going out to his car. I open the passenger door and let myself in sitting down, boredom already on my face.

JD leans over and gives me a nice kiss before complimenting my dress and footing the gas so that we get to the funeral early. We sit fairly close to the front so that we could take in the whole spectacle. From the father of Ram talking about loving his dead gay son, to Kurt talking about how if only his best friend had shared more, or the Heathers talking about how dearly they are going to miss their dear sweet friend Heather.

It was rather boring and uneventful. The real show ended up being after the church had emptied and the Heathers decided to have some fun.

"Oh Jason! Hello so you see I think with a bit of work we could make you less of a freak and more of um.. a Ram replacement." Heather Chandler says flipping her hair over her shoulder while looking up and down.

"You have a very symmetrical face and that's very important." Heather Duke chimes in while nodding her head.

"Sorry ladies but I'm uh I'm a little to busy for your croquette and bullshit." He says shaking his head and putting an arm around me beginning to walk away from all of them.

"Oh I see... so you'd rather hang around this one skank instead of hanging around our hot asses. Well big mistake Jason. You and your little whore there are going to have the worst senior year you can imagine." Heather C says glaring at the two of us.

"Are you serious? Is highschool all your sorry sad pubescent mind can handle?"  I ask spinning around. JD looks outraged at what they had called me but before he could react Heather C had punched me in the face making me fall down.

JD balls his fists trying to contain himself for the moment. 

"Heather... I have a news flash for you. You're the one who's just made a big mistake. And the both of you, better start watching your backs. Because I'll be there waiting for you every step of your horrible little worthless lives."

JD scoops me up and carries me to his car. I wasn't unconscious, but I certainly was not in a very good state to say the least.

But I knew JD would take care of me.

** JD POV **

Dear journal,

Heather D and Heater C laid hands on my angel, my goddess, my treasure... my everything.

For this...

They must pay.

Sincerely, JD

(( word count 510 ))

\/\Sorry about the short chapter/\/