Chapter Seven - Freeze your brain

Dear diary,

my teenage angst bullshit has a body count...

and I love it.

Sincerely, Y/n

--

I had finished two cigarettes by the time JD had gotten back, hair messy, bloody hands, ripped shirt and holding two slushies.

"Now how the hell did the 7/11 give you two slushies while you looked like that?" I asked giggling, offering the third cigarette which I had recently lit.

He took it from me and winked setting down the slushies and inhaling the smoke. He put out the cigarette and sat beside me picking up the icy good drinks on his way over.

"Ah the boy there knows my dad and me... we're all good." he says smirking at me.

I shake my head and giggle taking one of the slushies and taking a big gulp.

"You know what I used to say after my mom died and high school came around?" he asks leaning back against his wall, taking a big suck on his straw. 

I look at him and his perfect face and begin to question how something so dark on the inside like the both of us could look so gorgeous on the outside. It simply wasn't fair to the rest of the world.

"Uh sorry.. no, what is it?" 

He puts an arm around me and pulls me close.

"Freeze your brain." 

He says the words as if they're some long lost secret that he has hidden from the world his entire life. I suppose that might even be how it is for him. But those three words aren't the three I've been craving... none the less...

"Huh, that's pretty smart actually." I say looking up at the boy who had stolen my heart.

We stay like that for a while just drinking slushies on my bed. Perhaps if he hadn't just returned from a double murder which I had help make to look like a suicide it would feel more normal. Like we were just normal seventeen year olds sneaking out to be with eachother. Maybe.

I can no longer contain myself. I feel the words I want him to say bubbling to my lips, and though I beg myself not to say them, they slip out.

"I love you."

** JD POV **

I love you... She had just said I love you.

"Y/n..."

"I-I understand if you don't love me back... maybe I should just not have said that." she says burying her head in her hands.

I catch her chin and tilt it up to me.

"I love you with all my heart darling."

She smiles widely and we throw our empty slushie cups down and begin kissing deeply. Lets just say the next morning, we woke up already naked ready to be dressed for the school day. Even if it would be cancelled.

--
Dear Journal,

she said it. I said it. The world heard it.

Love.

Someone loves me.

And I'm still going to burn the world.

Sincerely, JD.

(( word count 467 ))