East Coast 3

Ebony| E

"And, If you would look back on Puritan history, you can see a trend..." I tried to stay focused as my professor droned on and on about the lesson. I let out a quiet exhale as I rubbed my stomach.

"You okay?" A girl beside me asked. I nodded, even though I kinda wasn't. Aden's due date was coming up soon and he damn sure made that apparent.

Tay
Hospital?

-texting my OB rn. Don't count on it.

Tay
K call me.

Aden kicked as my stomach started to hurt again.

Just fifteen more minutes...I tried to convince myself as I sat back in my seat.

Five sets of three. Three sets of five. Ten plus five.

Dr. Lee
Are the pains spaced out? Or fairly close?

-really close.

Dr. Lee
Go ahead and check yourself into the hospital! I don't want to officially say you're in labor until your water breaks. It might be Braxton Hicks contractions. I'll be on my way.

I sighed shakily, writing down whatever I could. I was so relieved when he dismissed us. I answered the phone when Tay started calling me.

"Yeah?"

"You going to the hospital?"

"Yeah, but I don't think I'm in labor. This shit just hurt."

"Okay, Grady right?"

"Yeah, know how to get there?"

"I think. I got my phone anyway."

"Okay, do me a favor and call mama nem so they know—oh shit." I mumbled as I felt my legs wet up.

"What?"

"Think my water just br—"

"IT WHAT?"

"It broke, TayTay! Damn!" I mugged the phone as my stomach cramped.

"Oh my God...Oh shit..." I hung up the phone as he panicked. I don't need that right now, plus I'm driving. I sighed in relief at the sight of the hospital.
*

"Bro, If you put anything else up there and it don't come back with a baby, I'm footing yo ass in the mouth." I bucked at the rude ass nurse. I'm tired of her shoving them dirty ass fingers up my shit—being all rough just cause she ready to go home. Damn, they need to hurry up and do shift change. She just got up and left the room.

"Be nice, Ebony." My mama warned. Tay hasn't gotten here yet.

"I'm just saying." I shrugged. "Then she got the nerve to catch an attitude with me. Girl, I'll knock yo teeth out and blame that shit on labor pains." My rant was cut short by somebody running in.

"I'm here...I'm here..." Taymor put his hands on his knees and breathed heavily. "Where's the baby?"

"Still in my uterus, Buddy. I'm only a centimeter dilated. We're gonna be here a while."