East Coast, Finale (2)

Taymor|TayK

To spare ya'll the finer details, I ended up pulling up on Ebony's mama. She told me that Ebony started acting funny about a year ago. She found out E started talking to some square ass nigga, and next thing she knew, Ebony was only calling once in a blue moon. Mama said she started suggesting that Ebony let her come up to see her, but she was acting so weird. She didn't want to, but I convinced her to give me the address that my son and E supposed to be at.

I left shortly after, thanking her for her help. Me, Ziggy, and Black rode north of Atlanta. We were quiet most of the ride. When we got 15 minutes away, Ziggy spoke up.

"So what you plan on doin' once we get up here? Like, real shit." Ziggy asked. "If she aint even talkin' to her own mama, what make you think she gone talk to you?"

"I don't know, nigga. Gotta try though." I said lowly, not really paying attention to him. I was too deep in thought. Ziggy just shook his head and started tapping on his phone. I didn't really start paying attention until the GPS said that we were at our destination.

"Gaaaahhhh damn!" Black damn near hollered, while I just stared at the big ass house we were in front of. There were a bunch of cars parked in the driveway and some on the street, so Black just parked there.

"You sure this it? What the fuck that mailbox say?" Ziggy asked.

"Nigga, this house, the house before, the house after, and the house after that is big as FUCK!" Black pointed out. I said nothing as I got out of the car, leaving them niggas to argue amongst themselves. I felt my heart damn near beat out my chest as I approached the large door in front of me. I noticed that there was a lot going on in the backyard. I could hear it, not see it, though. I stepped back once I heard the door click open. Suddenly, there was only a glass door between me and her.

"Tay..." The fake smile she had on display dropped. I did nothing but look at her through the glass as she began to shake very lightly.

"Youn look too happy to see me." I told her. She opened the door and stepped out.

"It's not that...you gotta leave, though." She whispered, peeking back into the glass.

"I just got here, wassup with you? You ghosting everybody now?" I asked her, making her suck her teeth.

"I aint ghosted nobody, just cause I don't tell everybody all the details of my life." She tried to act nonchalant, but I knew Ebony. She didn't speak with words, her eyes told a whole story, though.

"So what...you just up here chillin' or what?" I peeped the big ass ring on her finger, and she knew.

"I--uh...I'm getting married. That's what this party is for." She muttered, looking down at her feet.

"So let me get this straight. You up and stop calling me...get you some rich nigga...and you bringing my kid in his shit without having the decency to tell a nigga?" I asked, making her immediately get her attitude back.

"Nigga fuck you and decency! You up and left me first! Plus, how the fuck was I supposed to know you were getting out before Aden's 10th birthday?" She asked, making my blood boil.

"You think I wanted to leave ya'll? Look at how you sound! So what, you was gone answer one of my phone calls out the blue and tell me you was married? When? Five years?" I asked, raising my voice.

"You gotta go, bro! I can't deal with this right now. I can't--" Ebony was tearing up as she talked, not wanting to look me in the eye.

"Why not? You stay runnin' from important shit! That's all you do! You know what? I'm finished talkin' to you. Where my son? Just let me see my son." I told her. She just shook her head and stepped back to go in the house.