5

Prince Harry's POV

What is wrong with me?

I can' t get close to her. She's not even my type. I guess I just feel a little guilty for leaving her helpless while intoxicated.

But who is she to make me feel guilty. I am the prince I can get any girl I want with just one look. I don't want or need a shy, naïve wife who doesn't know what wine is.

While I was changing into my training gear, I started to think about how she got back to her room that night. I heard a knock from the door next door, her door, and slowly opened my door to see who it was.

It's a guard. I heard Ella's soft voice yell 'come in' and I watched him walk into her room.

What is a guard doing in her room? I quietly walked out of my room and stood by her door that was cracked just a little, and started to listen to their muffled voices.

"Miss Ella how have you been since last night? You weren't exactly in the greatest shape."

He was the one who helped her?!

"I'm okay, I have a bit of a headache and I seemed to have sprained my ankle. I do remember falling down a few steps."

Fuck that's my fault, I shouldn't have left her there.

"Oh I see, well I'm truly sorry about that I hope you feel better, princess."

"Thank you, but I am not a princess, I'm simply a commoner."

I snickered.

"I don't think so, if you are betrothed to the prince, then you will eventually become a princess, then a queen."

There were a few minutes of silence and all I could think of was the truth that just came out of this guards mouth. She can't become a princess if she doesn't marry me. I mean she doesn't seem intelligent to become a princess anyway.

I went back to my room to put on my training gear so I can stay in shape and head over to the training rooms where guards usually work out.  

A few minutes later, the same guard that showed up in Bella's room, was also dressed in training gear. I debate on whether I should approach him or not, but what am I going to say?

So you went against my orders and helped the commoner last night?

Why did you check up on her this morning?

Do you like her?

I sound like a jealous boyfriend but I'm not. I'm a fucking prince for crying out loud I can get any girl I want. I walk out the training room, only to run into the maid I was fooling around with the night before. I dragged her to my room and as I was passing by Bella's quarters I made brief eye contact with her, looking at her sad tired eyes and made my way inside my room shoving the maid to the wall and kissing her aggressively to release anger.

Bella's POV

After that guard visited me this morning, I felt hopeless in bed. Anna was trying to cheer me up, but I clearly did not want to talk after the incidents that have been happening. I don't know what I was thinking, Liking the presence of the prince when all he is, is rude and arrogant who sleeps around with girls like they're toys. At least that's what Ana told me. The noises next door proves it. I walked, more like limped, to the balcony and enjoyed the fresh air and read a book to keep my mind of things and because my room was to stuffy.

I then hear the doors open to the balcony beside me, and see a girl walk out with white sheets wrapped around her. I quickly look back to my book and pretend I didn't see her. That is until she started to speak to me.

"Oh so you're the new palace whore?!" She said with an eyebrow raised.

"i'm sorry?" I asked.

"You're the new palace whore. The one marrying the prince." She laughed.

The audacity of this person to talk to me that way when she doesn't even know me. I don't want to be that person and I do respect other people, but she needs to wake up.

"Honey, I think you're mistaken. You're the one wrapped around sheets, naked, and walking out of an engaged mans room. If anything, I am not the palace whore around here." I raised my eyebrow at her.

I don't know what overcame me but I know that was a low reaction and I was better than that. But seeing her reaction was enough for me to smile.

She scoffs and turns around to go back inside.

Why am I here again?!