Chapter 18

A few months passed and Minho was getting better. Taemin did his special exercises everyday and took him to the pool almost everyday. Minho was able to move around again. He was pushing himself hard so he could make Taemin happy.

Taemin never left his side. He refused to leave Minho's side and refused to even go to school. Minho woke up and curled up to Taemin.

Taemin was already awake. "Did you sleep well?"

Minho nodded. He had hardly talked.

Taemin became quiet. He got up. "I'm sorry, Minho. I know you're not happy. I really wish I could see you smile and laugh again." Taemin left the room and came back with breakfast. Minho could tell he had been crying when he left.

Minho looked at his hands. Taemin set the food down. He stopped talking as he fed Minho. Taemin ate, but very little. He had lost a ton of weight. Minho slowly ate.

Taemin finished feeding him after a while. He looked at his hands. "Minho....w-will you break up with me? Please? You're not happy anymore. I want you to be happy."

"What...."

"You're not happy because of me..." Taemin said, starting to tear up.

"No, I love you."

"But you're not happy. You never smile or laugh. You don't talk. I want you to be happy. You said you'd be happy with me, but you're not." Taemin was starting to cry. "You're not happy and it's all because of me."

"Because you're not happy. I'm trying so hard to get better!"

Taemin looked at the ground. "I'm sorry. I'm trying to be happy...but you're sad too. You're working hard to get better and you're getting better slowly. I'm just scared that you'll never be able to walk again..."

"I just want you happy."

Taemin nodded. "I want you happy too." He gently hugged Minho.

Minho clung to him and started crying. "I don't want to lose you. I'm trying so hard to keep you happy. I just want you happy!"

Taemin frowned. "Don't push yourself, okay? You'll heal when you're ready. I'm sorry. I don't want you to push yourself and you won't ever lose me. I love you so much. I don't ever want to leave your side." He hugged Minho and kissed him softly.

Minho started calming down. "I'm sorry."

"No, it's not your fault. We just need to work together and have faith." Taemin said. He stroked Minho's cheek. "I love you so much."

"I love you so much too."

Taemin smiled for the first time in a long time. Minho smiled back.

Taemin smiled more. "You smiled."

"You did too." Minho chuckled.

Taemin blushed. "I did?"

Minho kissed his cheek. "I love you so much!"

Taemin giggled. "I love you too!"

Minho smiled. "Can I try walking?"

Taemin nodded. He helped Minho up. Minho was shaking, but managed to take a few steps holding onto Taemin.

Taemin smiled. "You're walking!"

Minho smiled. "I am!"

He took another step before falling into Taemin's arms. Taemin caught him and giggled. He sat him on the bed and kissed his cheek. Minho smiled and pulled him into his lap. Taemin giggled.

Minho kissed him. "We should celebrate~!"

Taemin giggled. "But we haven't done it for so long."

"I know~" Minho smirked. There was a knock on the door and Key walked in.