Chapter 2: Younger

"That's a stupid idea, Matt." Mello stated. "What?! How?! C'mon, Mells! We need a break from this shit orphanage. You know that. So, lets just leave after curfew. No one will notice... hopefully!" The gamer smiled, reassuringly. Mello did need a break. He was always studying, or trying to be the best at everything. Hell, Matt was right, Mello did know that he needed a break. But he doubted that this would work. "Matt..." Mello took a second to look at the redhead. His eyes looked pleading, even though they were hidden behind his orange-tinted goggles. (I almost wrote googles lol) The blonde sighed. "We better not get caught..." Mello glared. Matt's face lit up with excitement. "We won't, I promise!" Matt hugged Mello, causing the blonde to blush, then ran back to his room to play video games. Mello decided to walk to the cafeteria to steal more chocolate.
~5 Hours Later~
Matt and Mello met in front of the  orphanage, standing in front of the gates. "Ready?" Matt asked. Mello nodded. The gamer quietly opened the gate, let Mello through, then shut it again, before continuing to walk down the streets of England. "I wanna show you this place that I found a while ago." Matt smiled. Mello looked over at him. A smile had made its way to his face as well. "What, and where, is it?" Mello asked. Matt smirked. "It's a surprise." He said. Mello groaned, and rolled his eyes. "Matt, you know I hate surprises." He said. "I know, I know, but this will be different. You'll like it." Matt reassured. Mello sighed, but continued to walk. About 15 minutes later, they reached what looked to be an abandoned mall. "This is it?" Mello asked, looking up at the building. "Yep!" Matt said. "The entrance is right over here." He said, walking over to a hole in the wall. "Wow, so fancy." Mello sarcastically said, which Matt ignored. They ducked their heads, and crawled through, landing on the ground.

Present Time
Matt laid Mello down on the couch, and went into the bathroom to grab some medical supplies. He can back with a cloth, bandages, painkillers, and a bowl of water. He set everything down on the coffee table, except the cloth. He took the soft material into the bowl of water and soaked it. Matt had no clue what the fuck he was doing, but he knew that he would have to clean the wound so it wouldn't get infected. He brought the cloth up to Mello's face and started to carefully wash the blood off. His hands were shaking just a bit, but he managed to handle it for the most part.
After finishing his face, Matt continued to be careful with his actions. He took off Mello's vest, and started cleaning the area around his shoulder. It took Matt about and hour to finish cleaning the wound. Once that was done, he slowly moved Mello to sit up so he could start to bandage everything. (I'm not a doctor, this is probably all inaccurate lmao) Once again, he started with his face and worked his way down to Mello's shoulder. Once finished, he stood up and got a good look at Mello. 'Even though he's not in the best condition at the moment, he still looks beautiful...' Matt thought. His eyes widened slightly. He wasn't supposed to be thinking this, they were only best friends! 'But why does my heart beat quicker every time he's close?... What the fuck am I thinking? Now's not the time to think about stuff like this. I need to help him get better. Then I can take some time to think "stuff" over.' Matt nodded to himself, and went into the kitchen to get Mello a glass of water for when he woke up. He filled the glass up, then walked back to the living room, and sat the glass down on the coffee table. He then took a seat too, pulling out his Nintendo to play The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time. He couldn't help but to look up at Mello every few seconds to mars sure he was okay, or at least still breathing.
Matt fell asleep thirty minutes later with his Nintendo still in his hands. He had a dream about Mello. They left Wammy's House together, and ended up living in the same apartment. They had normal jobs, and everything was okay. There was no Kira, no Near, no mafia, and no worries. Everything was perfect.

(Ayyy, wassup? I finally updated this lmao. It's pretty bad, but I knew that I had to do something. My other book, the Death Note one shots, will be updated soon as well. Hopefully. Anywaaayyyysss, see ya in the next chapter! ^^)