chapter 5

Annihilated.

I was annihilated .

I tried with all my ways to pull myself together, but it was impossible.

Before that Hiccup wakes up, I was completely closed in on myself. After waking up, it was no better. I was again confined in my bubble, I'm not exit of my home and I talked to no one.

- I promise. I promise you Toothless, that I will find a solution... I said

If only I had kept my promise. I did not even try to find a solution. For me, there was not.

And poor Toothless, it would six days he was all alone ... I left it alone. I stayed in my corner, and gave up him ... it was harder for me than for him, he needed me. I am very stupid...

This story made no sense ... Why, how Hiccup forget him?

He forgot his dragon, his Night Fury, his best friend, his brother, his happiness, his confidence ... And he also forgot me, his friend, his confidante, his girlfriend, his love, his future. His wife ...

Snotlout and the others were as shocked as me. Hiccup had forgotten them. Well ... Not quite, he remember them as "enemies", for him they are all four those who mocked him, nothing else. They are a bit shaken, they don't know perfectly Hiccup, but 5 years of cooperation and friendship, it's not nothing. They are attached to him. But, now, Hiccup is only a memory in the arena for them. They think it's over, that Hiccup will never change. Oddly, their childish ended, they decided to grow a little: as Hiccup is the leader of the arena, they want to put this academy Dragons to side. They want to stop a training, store the book in an old corner and all these moments, not so a distant memory ...

Me? I'm too sad to be able to think about anything. Actually, I do not care. Anyway, their decision will not bring back the Hiccup of before...

I shake my head, out of my thoughts.

I was thinking too much. I had two options : relive and try to finally find a solution or rotting in my corner, alone.

I had only one choice in the end. I could not leave my dragon... Not even Toothless, who was alone now.

"It is time that you act Astrid, and to care about a little over your entourage." I thought before getting up from my bed.

I made a great decision.

I dressed quickly, coiffed me a plait, and I exited out.

It made me weird. I felt good. The weather was so long...

I walked around my house to arrive to Stormfly. She slept on the floor. I approached her while whispering her name.

She woke up abruptly and she put on his guard pointing me his tail spines. I put my hands in front of me.

- Stormfly ... This is me, drop your tail !

She did not respond and kept the same position. She groaned when I tried to walk a little closer to her.

- Stormfly please ! Toothless gave me the same turn in the forest three weeks ago ! please, not you !

Suddenly she lowered her tail gently. I lowered my head.

- I ... I'm sorry my girl... It is me who is wrong ... I sobbed, putting my knees on the floor.

She turned her head towards me.

- I'm sorry I left you alone ... I was unworthy! I will not leave you like that ... You got the right to be angry! I ... I'm really someone of despicable! It's all my fault!

She stood up and moved in front of me to come lay his head on my legs. She purred.

- You missed me so much ...

She gave me head shots and she licked my face. I laughed and gave him a hug.

After a few minutes I broke the perfect silence.

- Stormfly, what should I do?

She looked up at me, and waited a long time before showing me a nod somewhere.

Someone. It was Valka.

- I've already talked with her, and I do not see why she could help me ... she is as sad as me...

She purred and rested his head on the ground a few inches from me to sleep peacefully.

I watched her and I breathed. Then I turned my head to Valka, which was a hundred yards away, near the cliff, sitting beside Cloudjumper. I remained like that for long minutes thinking.

I wanted to talk to him but I did not want to make a more unfortunate situation ... it must be horrible for her, she had just reunited with her son ...

But she was alone, maybe she needed to be heard, then I got up in small steps not to wake Stormfly, then walked toward her.

When I was a few meters behind her, I did not dare engage in conversation. I did not want to drive the point even more... so at the last moment I turned to retrace my steps. But Valka sensed my presence not far:

- No... Astrid stay...

After his words, I approached her and wines sit down on the floor. When I looked back at her, I saw her eyes filled with tears and yet it was she who asked the first:

- How do you feel?

- ... Good. I whispered

- you lie .

- I don't lie. I'm feel good

She looked at me, frowning.

- OK, I don't feel good ! It'll be six days that I dig the head for nothing, and I try to forget one second to amnesia of Hiccup and what he told me! Yes, I'm not good!

She said nothing and stared at me without moving. I lowered my head.

- Excuse me ... I'm sorry ... I got a little carried away.

- This is good ... I also get angry at everybody right now.

I did not answer and kept his head down.

- Does he miss you ? She asked

I looked her, the eyes shining.

- Yes. Much. He even forgot me ... I seem to have lost a part of me.

- we are two.

- He forgot you ? I asked

"Silly Question" I say to myself.

She lowered her eyes.

- Yes. As soon as I tried to make him understand that I was his mother, he got angry and was screamed at me ... He was not himself. It is not itself ... I do not know what to do ... He believes that this is again the war against dragons ... I'm afraid of losing it. He believes he has another 15 years! It will lose the head if he out ! My son is going to be completely crazy if we don't help him... Gobber and Stoik want it so to see if the memory will return, but he did not account they will make things worse ! She cried, sobbing

- But ... Why you do not stop them? Or gothy... This is her who heal Hiccup... with Gobber too but why you don't stop them ?

- But this is Stoik! He always wants to be right, and he is the chief ... Everyone listen him. Gobber think this is a good thing to get him out.

I say nothing. She added:

- What we gonna do? We need someone to help my son ... I can not do it ... I will not be able ... We need someone else to help him move, without being forced him to exit out !

- Me.

- What ?

I looked up, staring at the sky and the dragons stolen.

- I'll go talk to Stoik. Once that is done, I'll see Hiccup and I will help him to move forward and to remember who he really was. I can spend months or years, whatever! Valka I promise you that I will take care of Hiccup and I will bring him back !