CH.6

It wasn't until sometime after that Hades realized he was wrong.

When he abducted Persephone from the field, he had felt like he was in a dream. One where he was letting his desires control him and taking what he wanted but as he watched her lay on the silk covered bed in the room, he had prepared for her himself, he began to wake up from that dream. No doubt, after this, the consequences of his actions would come. He had spent ages away from Olympus, living in isolation and dealing only with issues that concerned his responsibilities as the god of the underworld. Things were going to change now that he had taken Persephone. At most, the gods in Olympus would notice and a war would begin between him and Demeter. He shook his head, no, that wasn't the worst thing that could happen. The worst thing that could happen was losing his voice when Persephone woke up and asked where she was.

He gazed at her; his hands clasped in front of him. The flowers in her hair had died quickly when she entered the underworld and her skin was a lot paler but she was still beautiful. She still looked perfect to him. He wondered if she had heard any stories about him. He had never cared about the things the humans believed or said about the 'devil himself' but he had stayed away from Olympus, he knew the gods and goddesses were convinced the darkness had changed him. Could Demeter have mentioned such things to her daughter? Would she have a reason to?

Persephone groaned and Hades felt frozen as he watched her hands move slightly. She placed an arm on her forehead as her eyes flickered open. She blinked a few times, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion as she gazed at then ceiling. Then she sat up quickly and gasped when she noticed Hades.

"Who are you?", she asked, "where am I?"

It was the first time he heard her speak and he had imagined what she sounded like from the very first day he saw her but never would he have thought she sounded even more perfect than he thought. Her voice was light and somewhat liquid.

She frowned, "I asked a question and I demand an answer", she said, "what is going on and why am I here?"

He hadn't realized he forgot to answer but now he wondered just what to tell her- that he brought her to his home against her will so she could be his queen?

"Do you have something against my mother, is that it?", she asked.

Demeter? Of course, he had nothing against Demeter. She was his sister and they had no issues prior to the day he left Olympus.

"Or is it Zeus?", Persephone asked again.

Hades almost smiled at that one.

"I'll have you know Zeus could care less about me as his daughter"

Of course, with the hundreds of other daughters, both known and unknown that his brother had- Hades would not be surprised if Persephone disappearing was the last thing on Zeus' mind.

When Persephone saw that Hades would not reply, she glanced at the door nervously and then stood- dashing out of the room quickly. Hades' gaze followed her as she ran without shutting the door and he sighed deeply.

He stood from the chair and walked out of the room. The hallway was long and only a bit brightened by the wooden torches held to the wall by holders. One of them was missing, Persephone had taken it. Hades walked down the hall slowly. He would have to talk to her at some point and at least, explain what was happening. His fear had frozen him. He passed through the throne room and then out the palace.

As expected, she stood there. The wood in her hand no longer held any fire at its end. She was frozen in a spot and in front of her, Cerberus stood, his tongues hanging out of his mouth and his red eyes were a shade or two lighters. Hades was sure Persephone would not be able to tell that Cerberus was happy and only being playful but he was counting on that.