Chapter 4: Recovery-Part 1

Jess's POV

I knew Dan said something to Niall. Why else would he come home so late? I don't care about Niall at the moment. It hurts me but everyone said it would be so worth it. Worth my love for Niall when I am normal. Normal meaning back to the girl I once was. The girl who could stand on her feet. And I know that would be a while. Jason.....the boy who broke my heart and Amy......my old bff. If I had to think of the first word to describe my life right now I would use angered. Who knew that Jason and Amy coming back would bring flashbacks. 

AMY FLASHBACK #1

*******

I walked into my English class and sat down. Amy comes in a few seconds later and walks up to me. 

"Jess" Amy said. 

"What do you want?" I asked. 

"Can you move?" Amy asked. 

"I walked into this classroom didn't I?" I asked. 

"Move to another seat" Amy snapped. 

"Sorry" I said. 

"That is my seat" Amy said. 

"I don't see your name on it" I said. 

"Amy, sit down!" Mrs. Deluda said. 

"Jess is in my seat" Amy said. 

"It's not your seat" Mrs. Deluda said. 

I thanked Mrs. Deluda in my head. 

Amy walked over to the seat next to me and sunk into it. 

She wrote something on a piece of paper and sent it to me. 

You fucking jackass. That is my fucking seat. I forbid you from you sitting there. -Amy

I laugh in my head. 

FLASHBACK ENDED. 

I shuddered. 

JASON FLASHBACK #2

I was sitting on the sidewalk on december 7 waiting for a ride since Abbi had a surprise planned for me. This boy walked up to me and tapped my shoulder. 

"Who are you?" I asked. 

"I'm Jason and you are?" Jason asked. 

"Jessie" I replied. 

"I like you" Jason said. 

"Well I don't like you" I snapped. 

There was silence for a few minutes. Abbi came and I left Jason sitting there on the sidewalk. 

FLASHBACK ENDED 

*

Niall's POV

I grab my phone to text Harry

N: DAMNIT. 

H: Niall, it's not your fault. 

N: she saw me then ran

H: i think she would have ran anyway 

N: YOU'RE NOT HELPING MY MOOD

I click the lock button and then I hear knocking. I get up and open the door. It's Louis. 

"Lou" I said. 

"Hey mate" Louis said. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked. 

"Harry called me and told me about your conversation" Louis said. 

"Fuck Harry" I said. 

"You're starting to recover Niall" Louis said. 

"It's my fucking fault" I said. 

"Niall, no it wasn't your fault" Louis said. 

"Why did she run then?" I asked. 

"Maybe because of the boy and girl. Maybe because she was scared." Louis said.

"A ton of maybes. That doesn't help" I snapped.

"Maybe keeping your distance for a while could help both of you" Louis said.

My phone started to ring. I look over and see that it is Zayn so I pick it up.

"Zayn?" "What the fuck does Harry want?" "So he asked you to call me for him?" "There haven't been any texts to each other since that one" "I got to go bye Zayn" 

I hang up and start to leave the room when I hear ahem behind me. I had forgotten Louis was there. 

"Niall, you have got to talk to Harry" Louis said. 

"I don't have to" I snapped. 

I had no obligation to answer Harry's calls or texts but I am going to anyway. Harry is going to be in some deep shit if he brings up me talking to Jessie anytime soon. Yes I know her nickname is Jess but I don't care. I can't even call her Jess yet, but omg she is so fucking hot. Wasn't she friends with Amy Brown at some point? I didn't like Amy but I knew she liked me. I never really got to see Jessie, I want to call her Jess like so bad, up close. I hear my phone go off and it's harry. 

*text convo* 

H: sorry

N: u told me the truth it hurt 

H: truth hurts

N: *cringes* dont remind me 

H: wat u gonna do

N: keep my distance like Lou suggested

H: the others & I will be there 4 u 

N: haha 

Jess's POV

I'm sitting on the couch watching tv when my phone goes off. I look over and I see that it's Zayn. Something's up. 

*text convo*

Z: wat chap

J: its the summer

Z: oh haha. ms. diale from last year. hated her. 

J: same 

Z: If you switch around the letters in Diale you get Die al. 

J: so im not the only one who saw that 

Z: haha Londoner's?

J: meet you there 

I grab my headphones and phone, and get Liv and Marissa. I send Zayn a text saying that I'm bringing Liv and Marissa along. He doesn't respond. 

"Liv? come on. Zayn won't wait all day." Marissa complained. 

"Marissa, it's ok. We can go now" Liv said surprising us both. 

"Where did you think we were going Liv?" Marissa asked as we walked to the kitchen. 

"The beach duh" Luke said rolling his eyes. 

"Luke, shut up" I said. 

"Guys chill, it's hot out and I know we're going to the park Marissa." Liv said. 

Luke chuckled. Abbi walked in and glanced at Liv, Marissa, and I. 

"Where you guys going?" Abbi asked. 

"The park" Liv said. 

"Is it helping Jess to recover?" Abbi asked. 

"Yes" I said. 

We leave and head down to the park. We talk to Zayn for a few hours and then head back home. 

Niall's POV

I thought I would go to the park today. When I got there however, she was there with two of her friends and Zayn. Zayn? Zayn did like her. But I liked her more than he ever could. They were the same age. Gosh recovering is so tough. She seemed cheerful but looks can be so deceiving.