Chapter II - Werewolves dressed in petticoats.

It was peculiar that the day when the world ended, society was buzzing as was the night of St George's party had arrived. Or to those in high places of the establishment of the King's birthday. Everyone apart of the aristocracy was invited to the event. And if you didn't go, it was frowned upon.

Once the Godwin's had arrived at the party. The building was already exploding with loud music and laughter. However, once the family of 4 walked into the room, there seemed to be a massive elephant in the room. Those who were generally huddled in the 'clique' group has dispersed and spread around the enormous ballroom in the 100s. Usually, there had only been around 10 of the strange 'foreigners' in the room. For others, it wasn't a prominent issue or something to take note of. But Grace was feeling uneasy, as they stepped into the ballroom. Trumpets started to play as the newly coronated King George I was being announced into the hall.

Everyone quickly moved either side of the room, including the Godwins. The men bowed their heads down very low, bent from the waist down. The women all curtseyed low, with their faces facing the ground, as in the previous occasion. A gentleman had looked up and was killed on the spot for looking at the King. The only time anyone would be able to see his face is if they have an invitation from the King himself. Or the only other time you would have been able to glance at his majesty is when he was moving from place to place. Otherwise, there was a gold chiffon canopy over his head which covered his face.

Afterwards, the ball properly began, and the music started to play. Everyone was continuing what they were doing beforehand. An hour later, a female scream was heard from the stage where his majesty was sat on. The music came to an abrupt stop, and the body of the mistress of King George fell through the gold canopy, with a very deep animal scratch through the front of her chest.

Grace gasped as she saw the girl die before her very eyes. All of a sudden she heard a man in a raised voice saying 'What on earth do you think you are doing!' Grace looked man seeing a group of men and women herding some of the aristocrats in the centre of the room. She looked around the room, as others had attracted her attention as she heard more uproar from the guests. More of the 'outcasts' pushed the guest's centre of the room, the peculiar men and women in a circle started to push the guests into the centre of the room.

Lady Godwin and her daughter were shepherded by the Viscount and the heir behind them to protect them from the strange people around them. Just the gap of the centre of the herd was getting smaller. A man with tanned skin and thick brown hair walked into the ballroom. This man, with an intimidatingly sizeable muscular figure, seemed to flood the hall with fear. All the 'Shepards' bowed their heads very low to the ground. Grace had thought that it was quite peculiar that the men and women would have been so loyal to a man unless he was a royal from some unknown country.

Following behind this haunting man trailed a similar-looking gentleman who looked smaller and less intimidating, but powerful nonetheless. These two with determined looks on their faces walked in a straight line red carpet which was left out for his majesty to walk along, which went straight to his throne on the stage. Gentlemen had gotten to the scene, the 'leader' had pushed his golden hand canopy, and he pulled the King out of the canopy by his collar. Lifting him in the air, he grabbed the King by his neck (which you might like to is very heavy. To lift him with one arm, like he is a feather is very impressive) and in one foul swoop he snapped the neck of the only royal left to rule the throne of England, (All the rest of the royal family had passed away because of a plague) as the body of the King dropped to the ground, the man stepped over the body and turned to face the circle of guests.

Just then Grace saw a ripped petticoat on the floor in front of her, as she heard that snap of breaking bones echo around the ballroom. She looked at the pile of torn clothing and on top of the dress was a giant wolf.

================================================================================

So, sorry its been so long. I've had huge writer block, the story has changed a bit in the path its going in so some bits are going to be a bit mature so I will warn in advance. It hasn't been edited for errors.

The next few chapters things get more exciting especially after the first chapter.

Love ya

WordsNeverSpoken