Chapter I - The high life of society

1715, England.

The society that Grace Godwin lived in. Where there were balls every night and aristocrats drunk on the delirium of their wealth and power. It is where they drink, dance, boast and use their daughters as bargaining tools.

Grace's father was a Viscount. Which is in the second-lowest ranks amongst the aristocracy. Although he was considered high, in the medicine world. He was seen as a commoner within.

It seemed peculiar to Grace that a majority of the higher aristocrats were in a clique where the wall surrounding them which were similar to those of Fort Knox. In a cold sun-deprived country, those in the 'clique' was tanned enough to foreigners of a hot country like Spain! In this clique, every man and woman had very similar features of being very tall and olive skin. They were very particular in the fact that they spoke very few words and eye movements to communicate. To most of the aristocrats, they turned a blind eye. However, to Grace, as a naturally curious girl, Grace couldn't notice.

Lady Grace Godwin lived a humble life amongst the aristocrats. Her father, Viscount Godwin, was different from most and as he brought up his daughters to stand up for themselves and to be educated. With the restraints of society, the Godwin household was a liberating place for the Viscountess and her children.

Viscount Godwin prides himself as an educated man. So he, therefore, thought all of his family should be educated. So, Grace, like her brother, was taught Maths, English, Italian, French, astronomy and Science. Which to the other aristocrats was deemed unattractive. Even though Grace had a very fair face, she was still seen as unattractive as she was an educated woman was hugely disliked. But Grace didn't mind.

The strange occurrences that had subtly been ignored throughout the 'Golden' years of high society. Funnily enough to some, it all came to an end on this one day. When everything changed. But for better ? Or for worse? That's for you to decide.

This society came to an end. And another came to be on this one day.

The day of the ball.

St. George's ball.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi, I'm really proud of the front cover

Hi,
I'm really proud of the front cover. And I hope you enjoy the book. I kinda came up with the idea after scrolling through Wattpad that there aren't many werewolf/ historical novels. TBH I love both types of books so I thought why not put the 2 together!  Please be patient with the climax of the story.

Thanks so much for reading it! This is not edited so please don't mind my grammatical errors,
WordsNeverSpoken xxx