Chapter Five

Ailyn's realization had her fighting once again to try and get out of Keiren's arms. This time she was unsure if it was because of humiliation or anger. Her attempts futile as his holding was unbreakable.

How is this even possible with a gun wound? "This is stupid! You're hurt. Go to sleep already."

"I will when you stop struggling. You're going to hit my wound if you keep moving like this."

Why did he sound so calm? "You are the reason I'm squirming around, Keiren!"

He took her chin in forcing their eyes to meet, "Why are you fighting me?" his gaze narrowed, "You finally found a backbone?"

"Is this where you go all dominant and command me thinking I will fall in line? You can't order me around like this!"

Keiren arched a brow, "Do you want me to go all dominant and command you? Because I certainly know my rights of what I can and cannot do with you."

What?! Ailyn blinked, "N-No! That wasn't an invitation!"

Keiren winced by the screech of her yelling. "Inside voice, Ailyn. Besides, you  could have fooled me with how your face is burning red right now," he snorted.

Releasing her he tugged at the front clasp of her bra between her breasts. The movement made her softness unknowingly dance about to the predator before her. The touch brought conflicting feelings that confused her, but the boldness of him surprised her more.

He was going to see her! "Stop it, Keiren. Y-You should at least let me keep my underwear on."

"Why? The fabric scratches the skin. It will feel more comfortable without it."

"Let me go!" She demanded batting at him, but Keiren merely shook his head as if unfazed by her behavior.

"No."

Her hands scratched over his own in pushing him from her breasts. She growled openly at the frustration of not being able to stop him. When her thighs gripped around his waist it hit against the wound and she heard him grunt in pain.

"Dammit, Ailyn!"

"Serves you right! You're scaring me! Why are you doing this now? You don't need me naked to lie with you." She hoped it hurt.

He jerked her forward to cut her off, "Are you seriously that frightened of me? I require your body heat, but I want to hold you. Nearly gave me a fucking heart attack when you were shot at."

The words seemed to gain some of her attention, directing her steel eyes back upon him as if he said something she didn't quite understand. This position made her look as if she were on display for him; a statue for one to gawk at.

It was embarrassing, but almost thrilling.

What was wrong with her?!