Chapter Nine

- Present -

"I'm actually very surprised we managed to get the tattoo completed," Lyric said behind his coffee mug. "It did turn out beautifully though. Keiren will be happy when he shows up. I had no idea he was going to send someone over to let us know he was coming. I swear people get so scared in making sure to carry out that man's orders."

Ailyn shrugged while Rury was cramming more of her sandwich down. No doubt she had no time to talk at the moment. Keiren's orders were no longer surprising either. He did whatever he wanted whenever he wanted.

"I'm just glad it didn't happen while you were tattooing Ailyn," the redhead muttered. That was understanding sammich talk because it basically sounded like 'I'm jus' glad it didn' hoppin while were tahooing Ail'.

"Rury, swallow first?" Ailyn said while shaking her head.

"That's what he said," Lyric cut in with a funny face and grin. "But seriously Ailyn, how are you feeling? I know it probably burns but you can move around just fine?"

"Oh yeah, I'm fine. Thank you for getting that done for me. I will keep the plastic wrap on for the rest of the day."  If she moved around a bit it made funny noises, as if she had dollar bills stuffed in her pants.

Actually the experience of her first tattoo wasn't as bad as she predicted with pain. A sharp point dragging over a sunburn maybe? Was that the best way to describe it? Everyone claims to have different levels of pain tolerance. It was surprising to see that she took the pain easily enough like she did in getting grazed by a bullet.

She placed her hand on her side in remembrance. The night still fresh on the mind bit she was fine. Even Keiren had no problems with moving around since his had been sealed not sewn.

He really should be resting. He was shot and still working? Moving? Touya must have given him some very powerful drugs. Lyric's voice dragged her back to reality.

"Another hour will do. It's basically until you can get those sweats off and have a good day without anything touching it. Either way it will rub against your clothes which won't feel good. Make sure to not put anything on it that comes with scents. That will burn even worse and take the ink out," Lyric explained, "and expect some serious itching while it heals."

"But no scratching!" Rury chimed in. Well, at least she was done with her sammich now and you could hear her properly. "It's unbearable too."

The three continued their small lunch and conversation until the door of the café opened. In walked Keiren who looked to be dressed in just black swimming trunks. Even a simple swimsuit still found a way to be fitted around his muscled thighs like second skin, and a towel tossed over his shoulders.

Ailyn sighed heavily. His body wasn't flipping fair at times. Wasn't fair at all.

There was a sign that did say 'must wear a shirt inside', but from the looks he was getting by the waitresses Ailyn seriously doubted anyone was going to say anything to him about it.