Chapter Eight

"How much longer are you going to laugh at me, huh?" Ailyn asked in her stale-faced expression. Eyes staring so hard at Rury she could have burned holes through the woman.

"I'm so sorry but that was hysterical," the redhead wheezed out through her chortles.

Hours had passed since their talk over Alana and neither of them dared to mention it again. There was a lot for Ailyn to process. Most of which was her concern for Keiren and how he must have felt. She even remembered hearing about that suicide too during her stay in the hospital. 

She remembered feeling angry that someone would give their life away when she was there trying to recover. Not only from her injuries but in understanding that her parents were dead. Ailyn couldn't believe that had been Alana.  Such a shock. 

Back at the present Ailyn rolled her eyes and smirked some.  Okay maybe it was funny NOW but not at the time. She turned to Lyric who had just finished putting up his tattooing gear before they were all heading to a cafe for a lunch break.  The boy was breathtakingly beautiful; almost to the point any female would be jealous of him.  He had the silken blonde tresses of perfect hair, a gorgeous set of emerald eyes and a deep voice that could force anyone to change their undies. 

"You find this funny too?" Ailyn asked to Lyric as they walked.

The youth snorted, tossing a playful look over his expensively dressed shoulder. "Oh, I got to see your treasure box.  I can't laugh about that," he grinned, giving a tug on his green plaid shirt. The silver chains he wore jingled like trinkets. One could even mistake it for a kitten bell by the sound it always made, but just picturing Lyric with ears and a tail was sinful.

There came his deathly cute wink too. Ailyn turned red and Rury went back into a fit of hysterics. "That wasn't my fault!" Ailyn wailed.

Lyric bit over his pierced lip, "No," he said before trying his best not to laugh. "But that was completely worth it. I didn't realize we had such a breeze flowing through that door when it was opened."

Grabbing over her face she started to recall what had happened. Ailyn felt like she was going to die of embarrassment and humiliation. The three of them were currently sitting in a small café enjoying a quick sandwich and coffee. She bit into her lunch and let her thoughts run free.

-About 3 hours earlier-

"Well, hello there baby girl! I heard that I personally get to do your tatt today. I hope you are super excited about it as I am," Lyric beamed as Rury and Ailyn wandered inside of his tattoo shop.

Even being in his early twenties Lyric did wonders for himself. He was very intelligent and one of the most inspiring artists she's ever seen. No wonder Touya liked the boy so much. They had been together for five years. Completely inseparable.

"Darn tootin', Lyric! I want the best dragon you can put on this body," Ailyn said, returning the smile even if her stomach felt full of butterflies.

I'm not nervous, I'm not nervous. This tattoo is just ... forever.