25. TASTING

Noah, was going crazy we had already gone to six different caterers and none of us could decide on one.  We were just getting ready to hit the seventh one when he looked at me and said "do I really need to be here" and I snorted at him.  I shook my head and said "yes, considering you rejected 4 out of the 6" "fine"  When we walk in the manager walks up and says "so is this the future Mr. & Mrs. Noah Flynn"  "yes, were you able to do what we discussed."  "Oh, yes there will be a steak and potatoes option, a seafood option, and a vegan option all with no nuts since you both have friends and family with allergies."  "thank-you that is the reason we had to get rid of one caterer they refused to provide all the options nut free."  "Oh, sweetie here our motto is the Bride must shine.  If you are worried about your guests how can you Shine"  We tried all the options and I was ecstatic.  I glanced at Noah and he caught my eyes  and  smirked. The manager said "oh, dear I guess not"  I laughed "on the contrary we love it.  That smirk is my fiancée's way of saying he loved everything" "yes, sorry I had to let her know first before I told you and I kind of had a mouth full"  "Oh, how delightful" "there is just one thing and if I have to I will figure out a way to include it on my own but we both forgot what about a child friendly option without nuts as well" "oh, you two are just so considerate.  We will include two child friendly options free of charge you just need to decide if it is going to be pizza, chicken nuggets and fries, or burger and fries."  I look at Noah and giggle "burger and fries and pizza" "great now we have that settled.  The chef wanted me to ask you if you have decided on a cake" "we look at each other and say no" "great if you come with me into the next room I can allow you to sample the flavors we offer and if you decide to work with us we can begin designing the cake"

Noah, was so excited and practically dragged me into the next room.  We sat down and the first option brought to us was an orange mandarin cake with fondant.  I instantly made a face and Noah did as well.  I look at the manager and he looks devastated. I ask him "is there any choices without fondant." "Oh, yes dear I will pull all the fondant choices off the list.  Let me get you that same cake with a cream cheese frosting."  "I look at him oh, yes that is my favorite kind of frosting" Noah "really, is that what it is called you and mom always got the cakes for all the parties so, I never knew."  "yep sweetie it is cream cheese frosting.  You don't like the other ones because you say they are to sweet or grainy and I agree."  The manager says ok only "cream cheese frosting it is"  He brings out the Mandarin Orange cake first and we said no I hold up my hand and say "how about a white sponge cake with strawberry filling"  the manager says "got that right here"  We both love it and agree.  We order a cake that will feed 200 since between our family and friends there was no way this was going to be a small affair.  It was going to have purple and royal blue sugar lilies on every tier. I then look at the manager and say "we will also need a chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting shaped like a football"  Noah cuts me off and says "no, not a football a kissing booth"  I blush and hide my face in his chest and look up at him and say "really you want your grooms cake to be a kissing booth instead of a football.  I would have thought football or motorcycle."  "Nope, kissing booth I will give him a picture of the one that made me realize finally that you loved me too"