Three

I woke up the next morning to what sounded like glass breaking downstairs. I sat up straight in bed and looked at my alarm clock, 8:28am. I felt fear sink in at the thought of someone breaking into my house to rob me, and then find me in my room and kill me while I'm wearing peter pan shorts.

I threw the blanket off of me and stepped out of bed as quietly as I could. I tip toed over to the door and unlocked it. I opened the door and peaked my head out. I didn't see or hear anything so I stepped out into the hallway. I tip toed down the hallway, by body shivering at the coldness of the hardwood floor underneath my bare feet. 

When I make it to the end of the hall I hear another loud noise coming from the kitchen. I spot a broom propped against a wall beside a dust pan and I tip toe over to it. I pick up the broom, holding it like a sword as I walk silently to the kitchen.

I peek my head around the wall and spot a man with his back to me as he digs around in my fridge. Oh no, you're not stealing my food today, buddy. I thought and with every ounce of bravery in me I begin running towards the man, screaming, the broom raised high above my head as I get ready to bring it down and strike him on his head.

He hears me and turns around just as I bring the broom down, smacking him right on top of his head.

"Ow! What the hell?!" he cries out, holding his head and staring at me in shock. I realize that I've just hit golden eyes and I immediately apologize.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry! I thought you were a robber!"

"Since when do robbers steal food and not valuables?!"

"This is the best morning ever." a voice says behind me and I let out a scream as I spin around, swinging the broom at whoever is behind me.

The person is too fast and they quickly grab the broom before it hits them and snatch it from my grasp. "Why did you try to hit me?" Michael throws the broom to the side.

I run my hands over my face as the other two boys enter the room. "I am sorry. I honestly forgot you guys were here."

"How did you forget that?" golden eyes asks as he still rubs his head.

"I don't know, I guess I just woke up thinking last night was a dream and so when I heard someone in the kitchen I defended myself." I admit.

"With a broom?" Luke looks down at the broom laying on the ground.

"Don't underestimate. A broom hurts like hell if you get hit hard enough." I shoot back.

"She's right." golden eyes says, finally moving his hand away from his head.

"What were you doing down here anyway? Breaking my stuff?" I turn towards him.

"Well, I was going to make breakfast as a thank you for letting us stay here but then I accidentally dropped a dish and it broke." he says, raising his arm and rubbing the back of his neck.

"You were gonna make me breakfast?" I start to smile at him.

"Not anymore after you assaulted me." he says and my smile falls.

"I said I was sorry." I say. "And I think we're even since you broke a dish."

"Fair enough." he shrugs and then steps towards me with his hand outstretched. I take a step back out of instinct and slight fear.

"I'm Calum.." he trails off, lowering his hand when he notices how scared I look of him.

"Oh.." I say quietly, realizing he wasn't going to try to kill me.

"And I'm Ashton." bandana boy speaks up. "We would have introduced ourselves last night but you ran to your room pretty quickly."

The others nod in agreement. "Sorry.. you can't really blame me though, I mean I literally just found out vampires aren't something someone made up once in a book. Not to mention you guys did try to kill me so I don't really trust any of you.."