Chapter III

Xion's POV

"How is she?" Thelus asked as we walked briskly down the castle hallway.
"Sleeping soundly."
"Forgive me Your Majesty, but are you sure you want to leave her alone? Wouldn't you want to be there when she wakes?"
"Yes. Yes! Of course, I want to be there when she wakes up. But I must get us a chef."
" A chef?" Thelus stared at me in confusion.
" She must have a spread of food. She loves food. Murmurs about it in her sleep."

Thelus chuckled.

"She will be an entertaining queen. Though they have never met her, the people have longed to have their queen. This castle needs some excitement and Aurora will give it that."
Thelus nodded in agreement, then said,
"Sir, I believe you should let me find this chef and stay by Her Majesty's side. She bares great power we wouldn't want her to be alone here especially because of her beliefs of us."

"Then I'll leave it to you, Thelus." I stopped, "Do not fail me."
"Yes, Your Majesty." He nodded.
I spun on my heel and moved down the halls toward the left wing of the castle.

***

Aurora's POV

I woke up slowly, I was in a bed -- a bed covered in red roses? Why?
I had only just began yawning when the door opened and a tall man with red eyes, a beard and a cute man bun walked in. He wore a long black leather trench coat, black shirt and pants that made me very aware of the length of his inseam and that slight bulge. Damn! He looked edible.

"Who are you?" I purred. But before he could answer, realization hit me, and everything came back in a flood.
"Vampire." I growled at him.
"Enchantress." He smiled, "Did you sleep well?"
Ignoring him, I hopped out of the bed and stood. I was wearing a long black t-shirt and no underwear.
"No?"
"Yes."
"Did you see me? Oh no..."
"Oh yes. And I was happy to see the carpet matched the drapes. "
"A vampire and a pervert!" I cried. "You are dead."

My eyes flashed green as I stomped toward him. But I was interrupted by Fries walking through the door like he owned the place.
"Leo." He smiled at Fries.
I scoffed, "Leo? His name is Fries."
"Fries the cat sounds strange." He frowned with knitted eyebrows.
"His name is Fries." I repeated through clenched teeth.
"Fries, it is." He smiled. What is up with this parasite?

"I have yet to introduce myself. I am Xion. King of all vampires."
"I don't care what your name is vampire. I have no intention of spending time with you and every intention of killing you."
He visibly flinched.
"I wish you well with that. After all, a king must be supportive of all his queen's goals. " He smiled, "Would you like a tour of the castle?"
"No." I scowled.
"This is one of the master bedrooms on the left wing of the castle, it has a master bathroom through that door. This isn't, however, where you will stay." he told me pointing to my right to a mahogany-colored door. "Follow me." He commanded.
I glared at him and tried to stand still but my feet moved at the authoritative sound of his voice. I felt Fries at my feet as I followed him through the door.
"These are the left halls we call them the howling halls because when there is a snowstorm they howl with the wind. There are twenty rooms on the left wing, three of which are master bedrooms. The left wing is occupied mainly by staff and visitors." He spoke. I listened, to my surprise, but I couldn't help it his voice was heavenly, low, and deep. There was power on his tongue and it demanded and commanded attention. Even if you didn't want to listen. You had to.

We walked swiftly, " The howling halls connects the left wing to the right wing and also the left wing to the lower levels and the lowest level, the dungeon. To get to the dungeon there are but three ways one of which is through these halls. "

After about 5 minutes of brisk walking, we crossed a cold section.

"This is the freezing point, this cold area indicates the entrance to the right wing, the right wing has 12 rooms all of which can be called master rooms with our room being the biggest of them all."

Our room?

"This side of the castle is a bit cold, but I will keep you warm. Only the King, his Queen, the royal adviser, the royal treasurer, the royal designer and the general of the army live on this side of the castle. Along with 3 children and the rest of the rooms are for the future heirs."

Did he just say heirs? As in babies? I know he doesn't expect me to have kids. Why am I worrying? I have no intention of staying here let alone sleeping with Mr. Hot Stuff.

"We are on the highest level of the castle. Both the left and right wing are connected to the lower levels of the castle. Below us the bedrooms continue and, on the floor, below them there is the throne room, the board room, a kitchen and the lowest floor is below the castle and as I've told you, the howling halls connects to it and so does the kitchen through a secret door of course."

"You said three ways. What's the third way?"
"I'll show you."
His hand reached out to touch me, but he hesitated.
"May I?"
"Such a gentleman." Yet still a vampire, I reminded myself. "Go ahead."
He smiled and took my hand; this was the first time a vampire has ever touched me without my reaction being a backhand slap to its face.

Before I could think I was in a dark room.
"Oh shit! What happened?" I demanded.
"I mysted." He explained vaguely.
"Can all of you do that?" I panicked, killing him may be a little difficult now.
"No, just me." He smiled.
"Where did you take us?" I looked around but it was too dark to see anything clearly.
"Our room." I could hear the excitement in his voice. 

Do you know what the comment carpet matches the drapes means? Comment your answer.