Chapter XII

Dare this vampire sleep in my presence? Dare he act as though I am a friend and not a foe? Dare he believe I'd go back on my words?
"Dare he be right?"
I gently shifted my fingers over his face and through his hair. Sinful.
Why him of all the men in this world? Why would fate send this one?
I eyes scanned his body once again and unconsciously I reached out to touch.
And in a flash he grabbed my arm. I instinctively stepped back trying to pull myself free.

His blood red eyes met mine as my breath came out in puffs.
"Release me." I growled.
" You claim to want to kill me Enchantress but who are you trying to convince? You or me?"
"Let me go." I growled again.
His grip on my arm only tightened. He sat up gave me a once over. I was dressed in one of his shirts. No underwear.
"I smell your arousal."
"You smell nothing!" I defended, feeling exposed.
"Nothing to be ashamed of. I'm happy I have that effect on you."
"Cocky Vampire. You have absolutely no effect on me."
"Hate to burst your bubble sweetheart but I do. I make you flood with desire and clench with anticipation."

"Ha! You wish. A vampire could never ever do that to me." I snared.
"There is first time for everything, beautiful."
He pulled me toward him. I resisted but it was futile, he had me.

His hand moved, I jumped back, but I could not avoid him. His fingers ran up my thigh, barely brushing my skin but touching just enough to make my heart pound.

He stopped, stared into my eyes then started again. His eyes held me captive. All I could do was feel his fingers inched closer and closer.

"Vampire, Stop." I protested.

"Shhhh... " He whispered as his fingers danced up.

"Please ..." Stop. I whimpered. Even as I closed my eyes in ecstasy.

"Look at you, my hot-blooded queen. Open your eyes for me." He rasped. And to my demise. I did. Whatever he saw in my eyes caused him to groan. "You'll be the death of me."
I intended to be.
He urged me closer, until I sat in his lap. Them he winded his thick arms around me.
He held me for long moments, and anticipation built in me. What will he do to me? I wondered. My hair spilled over his broad chest in ginger messy curls.
He began gently running his fingers up and down my thigh again. He pressed his lips to my forehead.
"I've dreamt of this, dreamt of us together like this." He said, his voice low, as if he was speaking to himself but I heard every word.
I wanted to say something witty like.
You'll wish it had remained a dream. But I couldn't, I liked the dream. I liked it a lot. Despite my hatred for vampires which ran soul deep. In that moment, I wasn't thinking of Xion as a blood sucking, deceitful vampire. He was just ... Xion.

I fell asleep in his arms.

***
End of chapter. 😄