Education comes first

"Need you for the old me, need you for my sanity
Need you to remind me where I come from
Can you remind me of my gravity?
Ground me when I'm tumblin', spiralin', plummetin' down to Earth
You keep me down to Earth"
_____________________________
Chapter6

"Wake up wake up wake up"

My eyes shot open
"It's your 21st birthday bitch"

I sighed not wanting to get up but just to throw the covers over my face and hide from the morning sun light.
I hate Monday's but this Monday is different because it's my birthday.

It's to get up and get ready for school. I really don't feel like getting up right now. It seems like I only have been asleep for only but 2 hours I didn't really sleep well yesterday night for some odd reason I couldn't get comfortable.

I slouched out of bed and made my way into the bathroom. I used the bathroom then did my regular daily routine. I glanced in the mirror to find my hair all over the place, I combed through it with a wet comb and combed it to the back and into a low ponytail. I then took some moose and spread it across my head and brushed my hairs back tightening my ponytail then pinning the hair up into a low bun. I took my scarf and wrapped it around my head.
I took my make up bag from up underneath the sink and took my time doing my eye brows and applied mascara. A twenty five to thirty minute process.
I decided on wearing a simple dark denim jean from fashion nova and a white V-neck T-shirt with my multi colored Nike air city huaraches.
I took one of my black bags and put my laptop, notebooks, pen, and phone charger in it along with some other necessities.
Made my bed up and closed my bathroom and closet door then made my way out the room making sure I closing and locked the door.

"Happy birthday my sweet baby" My mother came and kissed me on the cheek
"Thank you ma"

"So me and Hazel are moving out soon. We found a spot in Brooklyn" I took a bite out of the apple.

"I think it's time we do. We are both in college, beautiful young women. We need independence and space."
Hazel giggled standing next to me.

"Well...if you are going to move out, your going to have to get jobs" dad said sitting his luggage by the front door.

"You don't think we know that" Hazel went to grab a banana

"That's already taken care of" I said.

"yup it sure is" she added on

"My babies wanna move out on me. I'm not ready"
my mom whined coming from out there room with 2 bags. My dad took them from her and sat them by the door also.

"Ma, we are grown now. We know how to take care of our selves. It's a bout time we do. We're in college now, finally starting our own lives" I expressed

"You think you two are better off on your own?" She questioned

"No we don't mean it like that it's just we're grown now, time to spread our wings" Hazel said peeling her banana.

"Well it's time for me and your dad to be on our way to the airport, we'll see you guys when we get back. Again Happy birthday baby don't do anything I wouldn't" my mom said before heading out the door