Chapter 7

"Hello ladies..." Ben says entering the room where the girls were being kept, he didn't want any part of this business but he was forced to.

"What do you want?" Dominique ask, shaking.

"Look, I was forced into this job I'm only here to escort um..." Ben begins but stops to look at his folder.

"Jennifer to her interview with Connor." He continues from his previous sentence.

"Who are you?" Sandy ask, also shaking.

"I'm Connor's little brother." Ben replies not bothering to look up from his file.

"What's your name?" Jennifer ask sternly but her hands shaking.

"Ben." Ben simply states, this makes Dom tear up as her brother comes to her mind.

"What does he want with me?" Jennifer ask, her heart racing as Ben comes to undo her handcuffs.

"He just wants to talk, relax ok, I know what you're going through." Ben tells her realising her hands, Jennifer instantly rubbing her wrist as the cuffs were tight.

"How?" Jennifer ask, still rubbing her wrist.

"My parents got divorced when I was a baby, my dad got custody over me and my mother got Connor so when Connor started in this so called awesome business I was his first assignment and Peeta, the boss, you'll meet him soon said I either join the team or spend the rest of my life in a cell." Ben tells them standing up and waiting at the door for Jennifer.

"Ok..." Jennifer curiously says and slowly walking towards the door.

"Let's go, I promise you won't get hurt." Ben reassures her as he guides her out the door.

Jennifer follows Ben to Connors office and the only thought keeping her sane was 'He's not going to hurt me...'

In his office Connor waits patiently for Jennifer to arrive.

Soon enough there's a knock on the door;

"Come in..." He smiles knowing it's his guest.

"Jennifer's here bro." Ben says, holding the door open and gesturing his hand towards the room.

"Wonderful, have Tris bring lavender tea for my guest." He smirks and spins his chair around so he's facing Jennifer who is still slowly making her way into the room.

"Lavender tea?" Jennifer thought to herself, "That's my favourite tea..."

"Please take a seat Jennifer." Connor says gesturing towards the bog chair in front of his desk.

Jenifer slowly sits in the surprisingly comfortable chair and gulps with nerves.

"Let me be the first to say, welcome to Cascade Corps Miss Jennifer and I must say you are handling this quite well." Connor tells her standing up and pouring himself a glass of some alcoholic drink.

"Probably an alcoholic..." Jennifer thinks to herself.

"What do you want from me? I'm 16 years old what could I possibly have that you need?" Jennifer ask with way more confidence than she intended.

"Jennifer, Cascade Corps is owed by a man with a vision of woman speaking the mind of this company, he met his wife the same way I met you, kidnaping her." Connor tells her.

"Why do you need my friends and me then? I'm a terrible public speaker, the only confident one is Dom!" Jennifer raises her voice a bit.

"Jennifer, his vision doesn't mean give public speeches, his company is a private thing, Mr Cascade's father was a horrible man, he did terrible things to girls your age, he passed away from an illness that he knows nothing of so he had no choice but to continue his father's work but, his condition on doing so was that he did things his way."