The Beginning: Part 1

•—•—•—•
EMBER'S P.O.V
•—•—•—•

         When the first sound of the empire falling, came I to the ears of the world, everything was hectic. Towers made out of marble and stone came crashing to the ground. Mounds of crushed marble came into view as the entire castle of the empire destroyed itself of its power and all the people who had called it  home. In that timeframe, children, mothers, and the sick had to be separated from their husbands, sons, fathers, and daughters to be taken away from the traumatic area to be kept safe. The rest would have to stay to fight until the very end.

           Outside in the middle of all of this, Ember Coils was the very first to fire when they saw the invaders. She was mad. Mad at what where the invaders could succeed in doing to their empire where many had failed. She wanted to keep firing at them until the rest of her world was safe. But most importantly, she wanted to protect both her family consisting of her two siblings and herself so that they could all live in a safe and happy world.

All of her life, she had been on the streets, left as an orphan at the age of 8 along with her older brother and 1 year old sister. Even though she wasn't the oldest, she still felt as though it was her responsibility to take care of her siblings, to feed them and give them shelter to stay under in bad weather. Of course, her brother helped her with more than she could be grateful for, but it was mostly her who had looked after her little sister Lilian during the day when her brother, Ryder, wasn't there.

Suddenly, she was shaken from her thoughts, by the older man around his late 30's-early 40's whom she called both her leader and her family. Tim Savlen, a tough, hard working but kindhearted man who had once taken her and her brother and sister in and given her a place in the Armed Warriors 3 years ago. She was forever in debt to what he had done for her and her family.

"Ember, Stop firing!"- a blast came from her right- "It's not safe to fire yet! All of the ranks"-another blast coming from the invaders came from her far left above her- "aren't in place yet!" Tim desperately screamed at her through the chaos. He looked at her with tired eyes "Please" he said, sounding exhausted.

       She sighed and put her gun down when she realized he was right. They would have no chance fighting them without the ranks in place. "Alright, but we need to find some coverage for now, otherwise-" she was suddenly cut off by a incoming blast directed towards them. Suddenly surged with renewed adrenaline for a fight, she ducked and ninja rolled out of the way.

   When she got up from her roll, she looked around to see if Tim had gotten out in time. "TIM? TIM ARE YOU OKAY?" She screamed, worried for him when she didn't see her friend. What she didn't see however while she was looking for the older man, was yet another blast, coming straight for her head, that she wouldn't have had time to move out of the way for. Everything happened in about less than 10 seconds flat. She was suddenly hit by a heavy and unknown force that knocked her to the ground. As she hit the ground, she heard a loud BOOM that shook the ground, and the weight of the unknown force suddenly collapsed on top of her, shielding her from it.

A few minutes later, after the sound had ceased to exist, and when Ember thought it was safe, she shoved the unknown weight (which she had figured out was actually a body) off of her, and proceeded to look at who had just saved her life. When she saw the face of who it was and the damage of the wound the blast had caused, she knew that, that day would be forever etched into her mind.

"No" she whispered, desperate to prove to herself that she was wrong, that her mind was just deceiving her. "No no no no no, it can't be you, I need you! We ALL need you! What are we going to do without-" She was cut off by the sound of his voice, that was gasping for breath, prior to his injury.