Chapter 6

Standing there was Mike, my ex boyfriend. I hadn’t seen him for a while since I had been in New York for 3 months. He had ash blonde hair and was incredibly fit. He also worked as a dancer and a model, that’s how we met. We were dance partners for Take That’ Beautiful World tour. We spent everyday together, 24/7, and the feelings started quite early. He was my first real serious boyfriend. We were a couple for 3 years but then broke up because of our busy lives and we felt like we didn’t get to spend enough time to keep our relationship stable. Everything was mutual, but it still hit me pretty hard and it took a long time for me to get over him and realise everything was better this way. But we we’re still good friends and can talk about anything.

And oh did I mention that my manager Mary is his mum. He was the one who helped me to get her as my manager.

“Mike, hi”, I said and hugged him.

“Hey, how have you been”, he asked as he hugged back.

I released and smiled to him.

“Good thanks. Been working hard in New York and now I’m back in London for some time off. How about you?”, I asked.

“Ah very good indeed. Also been working hard, but here in London. Bought a new flat and a motorcycle”, he smiled.

He had always wanted a motorcycle and said when he had enough money he would buy one. He told me that he’d bought a Harley Davidson, his dream motorcycle.

“Awh I’m happy for you Mike, I knew how much you’ve always wanted one”, I said.

“Yeah and I’ve always known how badly you’ve needed a new suitcase and I’m very surprised to see that you FINALLY got one”, he smirked.

I just laughed and smacked him on the arm.

“Yes, my old one was pretty bad I must confess”, I said.

“Pretty bad? It was horrible. Looked like a third world war had broken out”, he laughed.

“Did not”, I said.

“Did too”

“Did not”

“Did too”

“Did not!”

We just laughed at ourselves. I got flashbacks from when we were together. We always had these pathetic little arguments, and then brushed it off with cuddling.

“Anyway, I have to get up to mums office, taking her to lunch”, he said.

“I just had a meeting with her, tell her I said hello or whatever”, I smiled.

“You can join us if you want?”

“No thanks, I have to get home, sorry”, I said.

“Oh no problem, but we got to meet up for coffee soon”, he smiled.

“Ofcourse! Just text me, same number as before”, I said to him.

“Will do! See you soon Tori”, he said and hugged me.

I hugged back and smiled. Tori. Only he ever called me that, it was special. It was when we were in a relationship. He insisted to have his own nickname for me, so he decided to go with Tori. And I loved it.

“Bye Mike”, I said as I walked out of the building.

I got home to the apartment and saw Melissa lying on the couch watching MTV.

“Hey gurl, ooooh you FINALLY got a new suitcase!”, she said.

“Oh cut it out, not you aswell”, I moaned.