Chapter 3

We got back to our flat at 17.00 pm and our flight to London was leaving at 21.00 pm. We were quite stressed cause we both had to have a shower and get ready then we knew it would take us at least 30 minutes to get to JFK. We packed our last stuff, makeup and all the most important things that go in our hand luggage. We took one bathroom each, since we have 2.

I stepped into the shower, feeling a bit sore from all the dancing. As I stood in the shower and daydreamed I thought about Harry. His green mesmerizing eyes and those soft brown curls, how his hand perfectly matched mine as he took it. Then I came back to reality. Why was I thinking about him? I knew I would never meet him again. My chances were like 1 in a million. Even a billion. He’s probably already forgotten about me anyway.

I got out of the shower. I put my light blue jeans on and my cream colored long sleeved top. I went in to the makeup room to find Melissa sitting in her long black skirt, American flag top, jeans jacket and doing her makeup. I sat down and began to apply some foundation.

“Took you long enough”, said Melissa.

“What do you mean?”, I asked her.

“The shower, I took 10 minutes and you took 30 and we’re kind of in a rush..”, she said getting up.

“I know, I’m sorry, I was daydreaming..”

“About Harry?”, she said smirking.

“WHAT? No!”

“Oh c’mon Vicki! You can’t deny it. You like the boy”

“No I don’t”

She just looked at me with judging eyes.

“Okay maybe a little..”, I said.

“HA I KNEW IT”, she shouted as she jumped around the room clearly making a big deal out of me confirming.

“But I’ve only met him once. But there’s something about him, I can’t say exactly what it is..”

“Awwwe that’s so cute”, she teased.

“Stop it Lizzy, I said as a warning”

“I’m never gonna meet him again anyway and he’s got like 10 000 girls running after him. I could never win over them”, I said.

“Never say never babe”, Melissa said as she put on her shoes.

I finished doing my makeup and put on my shoes as well and we were all ready to set off to JFK.

I went down to the lobby and got a luggage carrier. Since we were staying in London for as long as we could we had A LOT of luggage with us. Our doorman Bill went with me up to the flat. He helped us stack all the suitcases on the luggage carrier. Then he took them all down and loaded them into a taxi that he had grabbed for us.

We turned everything off in the apartment, locked the doors. Then went down and said goodbye to all the staff. Bill opened the taxi door for us and we got in.

“Bye Bill”, we said.

“Bye Girls, have a lovely time in London and hopefully I will see you soon”, said Bill.

“I’m sure you will”, said I smiling back.

“Okay ladies let’s see, off to JFK then right?”, asked the taxi driver.

“Yup!”, we both said.

We drove trough New York. Both me and Melissa said nothing. We just looked out of the window memorizing the beauty of the busy city. Even though we’re going to another busy city, there’s just something special with New York. It took us 40 minutes to get to the airport. As we got there out taxi driver helped us out and helped with our luggage. We thanked and payed him.