Sleepy Mind

"Jake we have to do something." I explain sitting on his bed.
"What do we say to him?" Jake shuts the door and runs his hand through his hair.
"May I don't know your opinion anymore. I thought I knew who you were mad at and who you were fine with but Now... Now I dont know." Jake sits next go me hanging his head down as I put my arm around him.
"I forgive you. I dont know about Colby though..." I half whisper trying to keep a pained expression back.
"Why would he hit you?" I run my own hand through Jakes hair.
"I dont know.. He would never do that, thats why Im so confused."
I lifted his chin up to see his face.
I saw the bruise Colby had left and Jakes eyes were tearing up.
"Why are you crying?" I ask putting my arm fully around him and pulling him closer in my arms.
"Because I love you... And you dont have the same feelings.." Jake sobbed quietly with a broken expression, a face that looked identical to when I ran over to him after Colby hit him.
"Jake, Love is such a strong word."
Jake looks at the floor and nods his head with a straight face, still crying.
"And Im still confused who I love." I explain as Jake stands up quietly.
"Do you hear that?" He opens the door quietly and walks out. I follow behind trying to listen to what he heard.
When I finally heard it.. I froze.
Sobbing was coming from Colbys room. Jake and I stepped closer to his door and creaked it open.

Colby was laying on his bed with covers over his head with I believe to be ear buds in.

Jake closed the door and turned to me.
We both nodded and Jake walked away. I knocked on the door 2 times.
"I'M FINE AARON. IM NOT HUNGRY!" I heard Colby yell.
"Its not Aaron" I yell back.
I heard russling and something dropping. Russling lasted about 4 mins before the door finally opened.
Colby stood in the doorway, his hair was messy and he was wearing a baggy shirt and sweatpants.
His face.... Oh his face..
His eyes looked like they had been a waterfall and he was still tearing up but keeping it in like a dam.
We were both at a loss for words.
I felt myself tear up along with him.
We were both standing just looking at each-other.
I felt tears go down my face and tears went down his. We were silent and the only sound was our breathing.
"H-Have you been outside yet...?" I stutter.
He looks at me confused.
"Those were the first words you have spoke to me..." I start to sob as he hugs me tightly. I sob into his shoulder and I hear him crying too.
After a good 8 mins we finally let go.
He holds my face and wipes my tears away.
"You must hate me." He sobbed.
"Everyone makes mistakes." I kiss his lips, they were salty from the tears and the kiss felt powerful.

Suddenly a song came on and it echoed around the house.
I turned around to see Jake holding his phone with the song playing.
"You have nothing to apologize for Jake.." Colby explains. Jake turns off the song as Colby walks towards him.
They had a quick hug and turned to me. I looked at them both and whispered quietly,

"Anyone up for donuts?"

Hey guys its the author and I have a new story named ASLEEP and it has Colby Brock in it! See you there!