Chapter Twelve

Jericho VII, 1300 hours
Spartan- 098
Jervo capital building
JPD pelican drop ship

They had finally found her target. The capitol building of Jervo. In the distance she could see the battle raging on. It didn't look pretty. They had been lucky, because once they went up the elevator, the police officer loaded and started a police pelican and everyone got on. She had told them to sit tight, that she would drive. They complied and bucked up in the passenger compartment. They didn't have much time the UNSC was starting to pull out. Abd if that was the case then that meant that the battle spaceside was going badly. So they had to complete their mission and link up with the remaining UNSC forces.

She opened a TEAMCOM channel so everyone could hear. "Alright people listen up, as you may know the Cole Protocol has been enacted. By saying that some of you might already know the sensitivity of the mission. Regardless I will explain, as of 0540 hours I took tactical command of your squad. Therefore I have redirected your squad to aid me in the destruction of the City's AI, which may have sensitive information that the covenant can not have. " she waited a moment and then asked for questions. There was only silence. Then after a moment of silence the marine sergeant spoke. "Ma'am 2nd squad reporting for duty and awaiting orders" Good she thought she now had the cooperation of the marines and hopefully the officers. She accessed the team roster and checked it. IFF tags divided them into UNSC and police

UNSC 2nd Squad Marine Core

Sgt. Simmons
Pvt. Jorens
Corporal Lee
Pvt. Robinson
Lance Corporal Nelson
Pfc. Suarez
Pvt. James

JPD Police force

Officer Lantos
Liutenant Rayan
Officer Baker
Officer Hung

Satisfied on how orderly the situation was for now she exited the team roster. "Get ready for urban warfare" she said. Then she spoke to the police officers " you know this city better than any of us, is there any quicker route to the city AI ?" She asked. "There are only 2 ways in, the one were currently going towards and the other one is the tunnels. But the tunnels are full with covenant." Said the officer.

They got there a few minutes later, but the Capitol building had too much covenant soldiers there so she went into the jungle and landed into a clear patch. She exited the cockpit and entered the passenger compartment. She looked around and then spoke. "This is a high risk mission so we are going to need a quick exit from this area. Therefore I am leaving Pvt. James, Pfc. Suarez and officer's Baker and Hung. The rest are with me" as she finished talking the marines and police force divided off into the teams. Pvt. James lowered the pelicans ramp and both James and Suarez slowly secured the area. " area's clear" said James through TEAMCOM. "Roger" responded Emily. She got off the pelican and her boots sunk into the moist jungle floor. She looked at the mix of soldiers and police officers protecting the pelican. You will be Green Team for this op she said pointing at the marines and the officers staying with the pelican. The ones with me will be Red Team. She looked back at the members of Green Team and said "we'll give you guys a call once we are done". "Roger that ma'am" said Pfc. Suarez.

"Red Team lets move" she said as she started to walk away from the transport. They followed suit and went behind her. 10 minutes into the hike towards the capitol building the Spartan knelt, raised her left arm and formed her hand into a fist. The group stoped and knelt in a defensive circle, rifles raised and ready to fire. "Sergeant stay here while I scout" she said to the sergeant. The Sergeant looked at her and noded. The Spartan went up ahead the muddy road and hid behind the foliage. She waited and two minutes later two patrols of eight grunts passed by. The grunt veteran was on point as usual. And as usual the grunt in the lead was the only one alert. She opened Red Team's TEAMCOM and told them the situation. "We got two grunt patrols headed our way, the first patrol is gathered up and can be killed with some well placed grenades. The second patrol is spread but should be easy"